News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dielectric grease

Started by Ghoste, September 21, 2005, 06:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

One of my annual maintenance items seems to be cleaning the firewall connector.  I was going to try packing a little dielectric grease in there next time to slow corrosion.  Is there any reason why that would be a bad idea in this instance?

Plumcrazy

It's an excellent idea.  I've been using it for years, especially where the connector is exposed to weather.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

derailed

:iagree:

Excellent idaea, When i owned my rig i use to use it all the time, especially on the jumper between the tractor and trailer, worked great.

Ghoste

No issues with heat melting it out and running all over the place or anything like that then?

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Ghoste on September 21, 2005, 11:32:29 AM
No issues with heat melting it out and running all over the place or anything like that then?

I've used it under the hood on many late model cars which have much higher underhood temps than our Chargers.  Never had a problem.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.