News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Satellite Roof skin replacement

Started by Harlow, July 27, 2007, 07:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: JimShine on August 17, 2007, 07:17:49 PM
Be sure to wear a mask when wheeling that lead!

Yeah, you can fill the seams. Use Metal to Metal or any other aluminum based body filler.

:iagree:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Harlow

Thanks for the info guys. I don't think I'll wire wheel the other two pillars, it made WAY too much mess...I'll post some progress pics this weekend.

Harlow

Alright. Its still not tacked on. I've got a question for you guys. I know a guy that builds hot rods that lives right across the street from one of my friends. I went over and talked to him to see if he had a spot welder. He said he didn't but that he thought he could just mig weld it... What do you guys think of that? I guess he would just weld it across the seam along the drip rails and pillars... I'm gonna clamp the roof down and bring it over on saturday so he can take a look at it.

The70RT

Quote from: Harlow on August 29, 2007, 08:50:07 PM
Alright. Its still not tacked on. I've got a question for you guys. I know a guy that builds hot rods that lives right across the street from one of my friends. I went over and talked to him to see if he had a spot welder. He said he didn't but that he thought he could just mig weld it... What do you guys think of that? I guess he would just weld it across the seam along the drip rails and pillars... I'm gonna clamp the roof down and bring it over on saturday so he can take a look at it.

Most use a mig.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AutoRust

A MIG will be then adequate for what you are doing. Keep the heat range low, and move around from area to area to keep heat from building up.
Good Luck with your project.

:icon_smile_cool:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile