News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEFEND OR NOT TO DEFEND

Started by Blown70, September 21, 2005, 05:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

Ok,  I saw this somewhat locally here.  South Dakota......

Let me tell you break into my house other than my dog taking a chuck out of your AS$  I will add some lead. 

THOUGHTS ANYONE.....  I think I have the absolute right if you break into my house.....

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=103582&section=news

nh_mopar_fan

Defend. No question. But, you don't start shooting until you verify it's an intruder.

Of course, in the PRM (People's Republic of Massachusetts, it is illegal for you to defend your home. You are supposed to mak eevery effort to runaway instead.

Lowprofile

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Anyone Inside my house who does not belong there gets dispatched with extreme prejudice. Why, you may ask. Because if someone has the balls to break into a home when you are there, In my mind, they most likely have no problem going postal on me or my family. Sorry, I'm not taking that chance with my loved ones.
I Doubt the stupid SOB's would make it past the dogs. :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

JimShine

If I was in a position where I had a choice to let him run with my DVD player or shoot him, I would let him run. If The guy came at me, I would shoot him.

derailed

Quote from: JimShine on September 21, 2005, 07:27:32 PM
If I was in a position where I had a choice to let him run with my DVD player or shoot him, I would let him run. If The guy came at me, I would shoot him.
:iagree:

dd44068

Sorry but no second chance they go down by any means necessary.

Drache

Ok this was told to me by an RCMP officer when we were looking into a B&E adn this same topic came up:

First off you must have you property CLEARLY marked as private property and no tresspassing signs.
The you can take no physical action against the person unless there is unreasonable doubt that your life or the life of your family is in danger. Lastly, you must warn the guy in a clear firm tone THREE times that he is tresspassing on private property. The first time you must even ask PLEASE! Second ask please but use a forceful tone. Last time you can tell that son of a b*tch to get off your property or else!

But you are still not allowed to use leathal force!

Now you can only use lethal force IF the intruder takes action against you first and if you think your life or the life of your family might be in danger!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twilt

if someone breaks into my residence, they will find out what a 12 gauge can do at close range..    I would shoot first, ask questions later.  I am not going to make any attempt to see what the hell they are doing nor will there be any warning involved.

bluesfool

If someone breaks into my home, then that's serious. I don't know if they're there to steal, or rape, or kill. I don't figure I'll wait for them to give me an answer...I'm shooting. I may or may not have to deal with the consequences, but at least my family will still be alive and unhurt (hopefully).

Lowprofile

Well, my friend, It sounds like the laws in Canada are more concerned with the rights of the criminal then the victim.   :rotz: I feel sorry for the Citizens of Canada. Now, thats not to say we are any better here in the U.S., but I think most citizens would defend themselves/their property in whatever way they could and worry about the consequences later. No matter what happens, there are no winners.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

kab69440

Terminate on sight. No questions asked. Take the body to work and chuck it down the elevator. Won't be enough left of it to collect a DNA sample from. No evidence, no conviction.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

BigBlackDodge

The case begs the question: When is it appropriate for homeowners to take matters into their own hands?

Oh....I dunno..............gee.....................uh...................WHEN THEY BREAK IN TO RAPE OR STEAL FROM YOU MAYBE? :nutkick:

Or do they expect you to call 911 when your dead? :icon_bs:

BBD

Drache

Well don't get my wrong... if someone comes into my house I have a sawed off .410 leaning beside the bed. If someone breaks into my house... well my neighbor has hungry pigs....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

chargermick

If you violate another mans' home, you should expect to be shot.

Here in South Dakota if you're shot breaking into a home nobody cares.  That's why the kids in that article are being charged and the owner is not.  Why should I have to defend my property?  The most frightening sound in the world is a shell being chambered into a 12 gauge shotgun if you're trying to break in.  If you didn't here it you're in for a world of hurt.  A lot of people who visit here (especially East coasters and Californians) don't understand that the people here have guns, carry them, and use them.  If you go waltzing onto someone's property they don't start threatening you right away but you can bet a gun is near by.  Right now I have enough guns and ammunition in the basement to start a small war.  I use them all for hunting, even the sawed off pistol grip 12 gauge.  It fits in the pickup better when rabbit hunting.  :icon_smile_big:
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Blown70

I just thought you all would get a kick out of this one.  I just hate how the article even questions the right of the homeowner :flame: :rotz: :rant:.....What other intension would you have breaking into someones house....?  In these times it is usually not to visit....

Khyron

shoot to kill, plant a gun on the body :D

seriously. I agree with the above comment. If I catch his running with my DVD, fine, so be it, but if I catch him comming in, as far as i'm conserned, it's to harm my family, and with 2 young daughters. I'm not going to take the change. He's going to get a 8mm slug right through his head.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

My spouse wants me to keep my gun in the basement or the garage.  i told her, Honey, if someones breaking in and comming up the stairs i cant ask them to wait a minute while i run down to the basement to get my gun.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

73dodge

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on September 21, 2005, 08:56:25 PM
The case begs the question: When is it appropriate for homeowners to take matters into their own hands?

Oh....I dunno..............gee.....................uh...................WHEN THEY BREAK IN TO RAPE OR STEAL FROM YOU MAYBE? :nutkick:

Or do they expect you to call 911 when your dead? :icon_bs:

BBD

Take matters into their own hands.....

The only time you call a cop is AFTER the crime is commited and they come in investigate
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Dale The Bold

If he's running away with your DVD player, shoot him in the leg.  Then go collect your DVD player.  If you catch him in your house, his body has been given to you by him and is now your property.  Do with him as you please.

Personally, I like the idea of non-lethal force.  Put that dude in a pile of hurt so much that he wishes you had used a 12 gauge.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Plumcrazy

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 22, 2005, 08:39:40 AM
My spouse wants me to keep my gun in the basement or the garage.   i told her, Honey, if someones breaking in and comming up the stairs i cant ask them to wait a minute while i run down to the basement to get my gun.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Keep your gun where it belongs...............strapped to your belt. :yesnod:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Drache

Ok here are two court cases I studied when I was taking Law, the first happened in my home town in fact while I was living there.

A group of kids decide to break into a rural country store on the outskirts of Quesnel to steal booze, cigarettes, etc. The owners of the store is an elderly couple I believe in their mid 60s to early 70s and their living quarters are attached to the back of the store. Anyways these kids bust through the front glass door and start carrying stuff out to their truck. The old man hears this and comes out with a loaded 12 gauge. All the kids make it out are waiting a the truck for the last kid. The kid is running out to the truck when he gets a blast of double "O" buckshot straight to the back AFTER he left the store. The owner of the store is put onto trial for murder. After a year he is finally found innocent for the fact that he stated that he thought  the kid had a weapon in his hand (a golf club used to break the window) and the fact that the old man said he was afraid the kid was going to go get his friends to beat up the old man to keep him quite. Case Closed.

This case is a famous one from somewhere down in the U.S.
A man was walking across the room of this elderly lady's house with the intent to rob and rape the old lady. He proceeds to accidently fall through the glass skylight over the kitchen and lands atop a butcher knife the lady left out. The knife goes through his leg and he is eventually arrested and taken to the hospital. He sues the old lady for $10,000 do to grievous injury although admitting what he was doing on the roof and wins the lawsuit because the house didn't have safety glass in the skylight. He was charged with breaking and entering and put on probation.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RD

QuoteThis case is a famous one from somewhere down in the U.S.
A man was walking across the room of this elderly lady's house with the intent to rob and rape the old lady. He proceeds to accidently fall through the glass skylight over the kitchen and lands atop a butcher knife the lady left out. The knife goes through his leg and he is eventually arrested and taken to the hospital. He sues the old lady for $10,000 do to grievous injury although admitting what he was doing on the roof and wins the lawsuit because the house didn't have safety glass in the skylight. He was charged with breaking and entering and put on probation.

lady had a terrible lawyer :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Drache on September 22, 2005, 12:02:05 PM

This case is a famous one from somewhere down in the U.S.

He won because I was not on that jury

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.