News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 Monster Mopar Weekend - Aero Car Gathering Details

Started by hemigeno, August 01, 2007, 05:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

Well....

The car was done at the same shop as Robert's and I think you know about how they screwed the inside of his nose up...Brent has tried to help get it back to normal but is impossible.

Robert went with some modifications for his car and has done more since then, Robert wanted the rough texture but body color underside of his car like a friend had on his RR because he was going to be driving it some and he also wanted the gas tank painted blue so Dan had the same thing done to his but the catch is Dan wants to play and thinks his car is VERY correct.

Robert started out with a very pitted wing saying that is how they came from Creative and Dan agreed with this and had his this way also Robert changed his after being at Talledega in 99 and after some 2000 car shows because he was given a hard time over it.  Dan had his this way and was spouting about correctness of it for quite some time.

So without going on & on about the Correct (incorrect) stuff on the yellow car.

The Yellow Daytona is a very pretty car, but the problem is  the owner and what he wants to protray the car to be.

This car was done at a body shop not a restoration shop, I am not slamming the shop but only commenting on what the owner implys about the car

I know Jim had a conversation with Dan about things he needed to correct at MM a few years ago and then watched Dan's car take 1st place.

If someone comments about something that is incorrect on our car if not known different we will research & verify with an open mind, but Dan is always right or will never admit otherwise

We won't go into stories about how Dan reacts when he does not win his class etc.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Ya'll are lucky I wasn't there with Dana, I would have blown by all of ya !!!!   :nana:  SEE YA !!!!!

GENO slaps Troy, "Wake up boy, you're dreaming again", "Get Dana movin'..........."
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Yeah Jim I took quite a few photo's of that BEAUTIFUL 2nd place Winged car. I think it was a R4 red, 4 speed car, with black interior, and a black tail stripe. The only things I noticed on the 2nd place car that weren't right was the winshield washer bottle, and that the owner had the front hood bumpers on the car. Other than that it was gorgeous.  ;)

The Yellow car also had a painted black hood latch, to go along with his Yellow gas tank. He did however have the right windshield washer bottle though. Although there were about 15 other things under the hood that were overlooked obviously in the judging. Still I must admit its a much nicer car than the one I have.

69_500

Okay so Troy doesn't crack on me for taking so long to resize photo's here are a few I took at the MM.

69_500

a few more

69_500

and more.

Not too many shots from on the track, not sure why I wound up with about 40 photo's of the fence. :2thumbs:

69_500

Man that took some work to resize those last 4 photo's of Jim's car. I don't recall ever having to shrink a photo to 8% of its size to get it under 200K. Hey Troy, next time I'll send ya a Cd with the photo's on them and you can resize them for me. JK

Side note photo's shouldn't be 9.58mb to start with should they?

Gene, that last photo was for you. As you asked for a shot of the car with the wind sock in the back ground. I do have some of the full car with it as well, but I didn't notice as the time that Delma had the trunk open. Oops.

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on September 18, 2007, 04:53:55 PM
and more.

Not too many shots from on the track, not sure why I wound up with about 40 photo's of the fence. :2thumbs:

:leaving: You should fire the camera man... :whistling:

I really hope I didn't miss too badly.  :'(

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on September 18, 2007, 04:59:20 PM
Gene, that last photo was for you. As you asked for a shot of the car with the wind sock in the back ground. I do have some of the full car with it as well, but I didn't notice as the time that Delma had the trunk open. Oops.

Thanks, Danny!  I love that perspective...

:2thumbs:

69_500

Okay with a little bit of work from photo shop, I've grafted 2 pictures together, to get a full car shot that also includes the wind sock. Hope you like.

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: Mopurr on September 18, 2007, 09:12:36 AM
When the pace car stopped and he started walking back..... just knew where he was heading.

If you only knew all of the Dan stories.....

I bet there's plenty of them :popcrn: After returning from doing the laps on the track,I pulled into my spot on the grass which was next to the yellow daytona and noticed the "THE DAYTONA/Superbird and 500 sign" knocked/ran  over. Looked over and seen the owner and his friend looking at the underside of the nose of his Daytona ..............So i said to the guy Hey did ya hurt the nose on your car when ya ran that little sign over?  :nana:You should of seen the go to HELL look he gave me ............What a TOOL
Ken

Mopurr

I bet there's plenty of them :popcrn: After returning from doing the laps on the track,I pulled into my spot on the grass which was next to the yellow daytona and noticed the "THE DAYTONA/Superbird and 500 sign" knocked/ran  over. Looked over and seen the owner and his friend looking at the underside of the nose of his Daytona ..............So i said to the guy Hey did ya hurt the nose on your car when ya ran that little sign over?  :nana:You should of seen the go to HELL look he gave me ............What a TOOL
Ken

Actually I have never seen anyone come to a car show with Dan....he is always a loner.  Sometimes he comes over and stays around (if parked close by....never gets far from the car).   He has even been mad at us when we were at a local show parked 3 or 4 cars down...he was mad because everyone(several friends) was staying over at our tent visting instead of coming down to visit with him like it was so far away for him to walk over to the tent..... ::) Actually we were holding them prisoner  :icon_smile_wink: NOT! So the friend must have been someone that saw him hit the sign and was looking at the nose with him.....

moparstuart

premier muscle car

Is This Dan guy a cousin to the guy in Omaha Neb. who used to haul his green daytona around in a plexiglass trailer??? :smilielol:

moparstuart

I like joe and have never had a problem with him.    He's different,  but not a jerk like this yellow daytona guy sounds like .
   Not sure if you had a bad experience with joe ?

69_500

HEY GENE, guess that answers the question of who ran over the sign, and how it got all bent up.

So did it do anything to his car? I will admit this about his Y2 car, its is a nice car. Nice in that I'd drive the heck out of it. Its good looking, and its a Daytona, its not perfect so therefore it should be driven like any car should. :)