News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paintng the chrome eyebrows on the taillight pannel

Started by moparjohn, September 21, 2005, 08:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

I am getting my taillight trim and eyebrows re-chromed. How would you paint the black part on the eyebrows? I assume you need to sand/steel wool?? how much and what grit? Thanks John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Drop Top

I don't think the factory did anything. But I aways use a red scotch bright pad first. I tape them off and scuff until they become dull. Then re-tape before painting.

Shakey

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes like Drop Top stated, I taped them off, used a Scotch-Brite pad and rattle canned them with some satin black
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparjohn

Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

69hemi

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 22, 2005, 12:12:43 PM
Yes like Drop Top stated, I taped them off, used a Scotch-Brite pad and rattle canned them with some satin black

:iagree:
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Drop Top

I guess I should have made myself more clear. I don't think the factory did anything before they painted them.

I believe after chroming them. The factory just didn't buff the area to be painted. By doing it this way it leaves the area a bit rough and the paint will adhere better.