News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Differences between 3rd gen interior panels?

Started by 1972Rallye, August 02, 2007, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1972Rallye

What differences are there between the different years & trim levels?  The obvious one is the quarter and sail panel trim... and I know that coupes did not get the woodgrain inserts. What else? :cheers:

gtx6970

something about molded in armrests pads and some with removable pads

71charger_fan

The lower panels are all interchangeable, but there are differences. The rear panels I have from a '73 have molded in arm rests. I've heard, but have not seen, that the '74s are unique. But then again, I hear a lot of things that turn out to be untrue. As for upper panels, there were quite a few different designs. I think there may have been three different ones in '71 alone.

Charger1973

Quote from: 71charger_fan on August 03, 2007, 01:07:29 AM
The lower panels are all interchangeable, but there are differences. The rear panels I have from a '73 have molded in arm rests. I've heard, but have not seen, that the '74s are unique. But then again, I hear a lot of things that turn out to be untrue. As for upper panels, there were quite a few different designs. I think there may have been three different ones in '71 alone.

Rear lowers in 71-72 had a padded arm rest.  In 73-74 they were molded as part of the panel.  74s are different because they are cut for the shoulder belt retractors, and theres another piece that goes with it, to cover the retractor. 

Nacho-RT74

upper panels are different height between 71/72 ( higher ) and 73/74 ( lower )

also Trims changes between 71 SEs and 72 Broughams and SEs, and of course 73/74 Standarts and SEs. Also low priced models are not woodgrained ( WL21 ).

SEs rear uppers are not interchangeble since 72 with hardtops/coupes

as stated, lower rear panels... 71/73 all interchangeable but 71/72 are attached padded arm rest, for a while 73 is same hard plastic piece not removable.

74 uses same 73 arm rest setup, but does have an extra trim piece to hide the shouder retractor belt.

buckets:
fist 71 half ase same buckets than 70s, including seatbacks and frame.

second 71 hals use saem laters seatback and frame.... however both 71 kinds are same foam and cover.

72/73, same on everything.

74 same on everything except covers changed the vinyl pattern.

seatbelts:
71 uses similar earliers seatbelts setup with two different female buckles at tranny hump to clip lap and shoulder belts.

72/73 yuses just one female buckle oin tranny hump and lap belt male terminal does have a stud to hook on it the shoilder belt. However lates 72 and all 73 have a buzzer sensor on lap retractor.

74 uses double retractor, one to each belt and both beltts are attached on same male treminal to  clip on female buckle. The buzzer sensro is located on female buckle setup.

71 are 6 bows headliner and 74/74 are 4.

Brougham package was available on any car ( not just SEs ) since 72.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html