News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Intake manifold gasket?

Started by Harlow, August 26, 2007, 06:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

When I pulled my intake I found that it didn't actually have a gasket...it had that spread on gasket maker. Do I need to have a gasket or can I just do what the previous owner did?

jg68

Quote from: Harlow on August 26, 2007, 06:44:34 PM
When I pulled my intake I found that it didn't actually have a gasket...it had that spread on gasket maker. Do I need to have a gasket or can I just do what the previous owner did?

Leave the intake ports dry, don't put anything, the gas & fuel vapors will just delute it & possibly leak, plus it'll suck that crap down the ports, just use some black RTV on each corner & a thin layer across the F&R rails, you should be fine & NO leaks if the intake isn't warped any ;)

Charger1973

I siliconed the front and rear strips and then sprayed some copper seal on the intake port section of the valley pan.  So far I havent had a problem.