News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator info needed

Started by Chargerfanatic, August 04, 2007, 08:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerfanatic

I believe I am going to trash this Becool radiator. Where is the cheapest place to buy a replacement radiator? Thanks

87 Shelby GLHS

70charger_boy

What size do you need?  I have a brand new 22 inch for sale. 

Chargerfanatic

87 Shelby GLHS

rt green

third string oil changer

Chatt69chgr

I also recommend US Radiator out of California.  They take several weeks but you can choose from several levels of cooling.  The one that Y1 sells is the cheapest one from US Radiator.  And they sell it for what you can get the next step up by buying directly from the source.

70charger_boy

I wouldn't go with year one.  Their radiators don't come with a drain petcock

Chargerfanatic

I haven't bought from year One in 7 years for good reason. Thanks

I found their website.  Does anyone know what their prices are?

87 Shelby GLHS

Joshs68

I just got my radiator from U.S. Radiator. I will say that it does look o.k. However. I am kinda pissed because they screwed up my order and sent me a radiator with a 1 1/2" inlet. They also told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I told them the inlet was on the bottom of the radiator. which I just found funny. I waited 3 weeks for this thing and they sent me a radiator for a small block car. I did order a big block radiator with an 1 3/4" inlet. I called this morning and they actually said " sorry dude if you buy another one today we will try to get it out soon and then refund you for the other one later" no sorry for screwing up your order!! The salesman I talked to was named Alex. he is a tool. He was the most complacent salesman I have talked to and acted as if I was boring him during my initial order. I also called back # times to confirm and check my order. I took the radiator to a local shop today to have the correct 1 3/4" inlet put on . Should be between $50-$75. said they have to remove the lower tank, braise it on, then resolder the tank on. The local shop said that just soldering on the inlet was not what they wanted to do because it wouldn't last, and if they did with the tank installed it would get to hot and melt the solder on the lower tank. should be fine when Ifix it. it did fit and looks decent but some nasty customer service. I will donate $10.00 to you via paypal to not buy a radiator from them . I would get the musclecar aluminum radiator from Mancini. I wish I did.

70charger_boy

I just received the 26 inch radiator on ebay that I bought and it fits great

is_it_EVER_done?

Quote from: Chargerfanatic on August 04, 2007, 08:35:39 PM
I believe I am going to trash this Becool radiator. Where is the cheapest place to buy a replacement radiator? Thanks

Just out of interest, what is the problem with your BeCool? What size is it (number of tubes, dimensions), and how long has it been in your car?

The reason I ask is that you simply won't find a better aluminum radiator than the BeCool, but aluminum can create a host of problems, and perhaps a stock type brass unit may be your best bet, depending on what problems you have.

Joshs68

I know this is not my post but I did want toadd an update to my situation. had the inlet changed to the correct 1 3/4" size and the shop that did the work said that it looked like a good quality non mass produced radiator. They had nothing bad to say about it whatsoever. so I will say that u.s. radiator does supply a good rad. it did fit in the car perfectly it is a 4 row core. I just did not like the jackass I got on the phone. I paid $ 440.00 delivered .