News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'72 Charger people...Help!

Started by AKcharger, September 22, 2005, 05:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I just got my new "C" Pillar emblems from Laysons and before I punch holes in my vynal top I want to be sure they're the right size. The "Charger" emblem looks right but I think the arrow emblem is a tad too big, can I get one of you guys to measure your emblems to confirm?
The Charger is 6 1/4 inches and the arrow is about 3 1/2

Thanks guys!!

AK

andy74

i took all that shit off mine and cant find it now! wish i could help-Andy

AKcharger

Thanks Andy,
That seems to be common, hardly anyone puts those emblems back on when they change the top...that's why I'm having a problem finding the right ones to cross check

AK

72sechargerman

Is your Charger a SE? I will look for my emblems this afternoon
Bill

twilt

The Charger emblems on the sail panel area of my 72 are approx 6.25 inches. the arrow emblems were missing when i got it.  a pair of used ones that i had kicking around measure approx 2 7/8 inches. just wondering, do your arrow emblems have mounting posts? the pair i have do not, but
the car has holes in it for the arrow emblem posts.   

AKcharger

72 nope not an SE

Twilt the new arrow thing I have has pegs AND and 3rd one in the center, I think it'sfor the headlight door and too big. The "charger" script looks right, are you sure that arrow is the right one?

thanks

twilt

AK,   i am not certain that the arrow emblem i took the pic of  is correct. the arrow emblems were missing on my car when i bought it.  i dont even know where i got that one :shruggy: (probably ebay or a junkyard)  looking at my car, where the arrow emblem should be,  there are only 2 holes. that would indicate to me that your 3 pin emblems are probably wrong (as you already had suspected)  i am trying to get my 72 parts catalog cd fired up but the darn thing has so many scratches on it, the computer isnt wanting to read it. i wanted to at least find out a valid original part number. i will try my laptop,  it seems to read it  better.

AKcharger

twilt

twilt

Bill, i happened to find a pair of the sail panel arrow  emblems today. just want to confirm that the SOP ( stamped on part)  part number is 3613493 here is a couple pics.

chargerkid

The one that Twilt is showing is right for your 72 Charger.  The 73 and 74 models (on door) charger arrows are the same size except the 73/74 are adhesive type backing.  The two pegged one is right.

AKcharger

I'm heading to see some '72 Chargers a guy is parting out on Sunday and I have one emblem coming from "Valley Auto Parts"..just one to be sure it's the right part. Perhaps I'll have a set soon...but at least I have confirmation on Part #

Thanks for thinking of me!