News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cant bleed brakes

Started by original72, September 22, 2005, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

original72

OK so first off the car hasnt been running since 1984.... amongst getting everything else ready i also replaced the master cylinder.... went to bleed the brakes today and only the passenger front would be bled and the other three are dry and the fluid in the reservior isnt moving.... could there be crud in the lines blocking everything up or could it be the proportioning valve??? also replaced both rear drum cylinders....

Thanks
Bill

Chryco Psycho

did you bleed the master cyl ? you could have a blockage in the prop valve or lines as well

Charger_Fan

I suppose it's possible there could be a blockage in the lines, but unlikely. Initially, I was gonna say that there could be rust in your wheel cylinders, but if you replaced both rears, that eliminates that...for the rears at least.
I'd crack the lines at the master cylinder (remove it & do it on a bench if you've got frest paint) & pump to see if any fluid squirts out. If fluid flows there, then disconnect the lines going to the wheel cylinders & try to blow compressed air through them. Maybe have a helper watch, to see if anything unusual blows out of there.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

original72

got on it today and found the problem.... a few collapsed lines.... dont ya hate the simple stuff??? problem was since it is a 2 layer hose the interior was collapsed and the exterior looked fine..... ordered the replacements and they will go on Monday.....

Thanks for the replies guys....
Bill