News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear spring eye bushings

Started by Ghoste, September 23, 2005, 06:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It's become common practice to put polyurethane bushings throughout the front end of cars anymore but is anyone doing it to the rear?

firefighter3931

Yep, got a set for the 68 that is getting new springs and a Dana. There are aluminum front eye bushings available as well....but i opted for poly all around (front/rear). The oem style rubber tends to deflect under load....the poly corrects that.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

But with rear leafs (leaves?) isn't the spring going to do that anyway? 

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2005, 08:24:45 AM
But with rear leafs (leaves?) isn't the spring going to do that anyway?  

There is minimal torsional twist in the leafs themselves.....the majority of it comes from the bushings. Rubber is the worst by far. The downside is a slightly harsher ride. It's not something i would do on a cruiser but for a street/strip car it's essential, inmo.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Even if the strip portion were only two or three times a year?

RD

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2005, 09:38:15 AM

either way, the poly will last 3x longer than the rubber.  the rubber will begin to dryrot whereas the poly will stay true.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

firefighter3931

Quote from: RD on September 23, 2005, 12:05:47 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2005, 09:38:15 AM

either way, the poly will last 3x longer than the rubber.   the rubber will begin to dryrot whereas the poly will stay true.

:iagree: The rubber starts to break down and will deteriate faster with hard launches....street or track...doesn't matter where you're doing it.   :drive:

Like i said earlier the only application i would use rubber is a cruiser where ride quality was more important than performance and longevity.

Ron

Chryco Psycho

I would use poly in the rear also