News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Tire Sizes

Started by WINGR, August 17, 2007, 12:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGR

Hi fellow Aero Car Enthusiasts, I was hoping someone could help me out in figuring out an acceptable tire size for my 69 Daytona. I am looking at putting on P255x60x15" Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar tires all the way around and would like to make sure that this size would be okay on the front as well so as to assure that it wouldn't rub. I have read that these cars were designed with a little extra clearance in the fenderwell for this reason but would like to hear from someone with experience on this. Thanks in advance.

WINGR/Steve

moparstuart

my 235's rub on one side when the wheel is cranked all the way ,   but have been told if you bent one little piece of sheet metal on the right side only i think ,
you will just have to get out there and look for sure   you can put up to 275's on 15 X7 stock wheels
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

The real race cars had the actual tire clearance openings in the front fenders, but the production street cars had a screen covering the opening... I think a set of 255R6015's all the way around or 255's(15x7) in front and 275's wrapped around 15x8 wheels on the rear..  They'll give it a very nice stances........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Howie

I have a set of nascar tires mounted on 15x8 all the way around and they are fat 27.5x12.5x15 with no room to spare.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Howie on August 17, 2007, 09:10:37 PM
I have a set of nascar tires mounted on 15x8 all the way around and they are fat 27.5x12.5x15 with no room to spare.

Man, betcha that looks great.....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

pettybird

275/60/15, slightly lowered, rubs on fender here

daytonalo

There was a white Daytona with 15x7 rims with 275 - 60 all around , what a smokin look !

moparstuart

yes jim cordell put those 275's on that daytona and he's the one that told me if you bent somthing slightly on the right front  they dont rub anymore     next time i talk to him i'll find out  ????????????????/
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGR

Thanks for the help everyone. My car is an original Daytona and I really would like to put the P255x60x15's (Not 275's) all the way around but do not want to modify any sheetmetal, etc. Does anyone know if  the that size would be okay without any modifications?

WINGR/Steve

daytonalo

Again I e-mailed the owner of the white car a year ago and asked him what size tires he had . He said 15x7 magnums and 275-60 all around . I love that steam-roller look !

Larry

pettybird

Quote from: WINGR on August 20, 2007, 08:22:52 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. My car is an original Daytona and I really would like to put the P255x60x15's (Not 275's) all the way around but do not want to modify any sheetmetal, etc. Does anyone know if  the that size would be okay without any modifications?

WINGR/Steve

those will fit fine. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGR on August 20, 2007, 08:22:52 PM

WINGR/Steve

That's exactly what I had on Dana, my '69 Charger 500...... No mod's required........  Sure you don't want a hemi '68 Charger instead?  ;D
Troy

WINGR

Thanks again everyone, I can't afford to buy them and then find out they won't fit and are going to rub.

Much appreciated.  :2thumbs:

WINGR/Steve

WINGR

Happy New Year  :2thumbs:

Hi again everyone, I am back on this tire thing again. I have been looking for the P255x60R15 Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar street tires (White- Letters) but since they have discontinued the 15" sizes, all I have been able to find is a set of P255x70R15's. I believe that the main difference between the 60 and 70 series in that tire is that the overall diameter on a P25560x15 is 27" while on the 70 series it is 29" and the width on the P25560x15 is 8.8", while it is only 8.1" on the 70 series. Does anyone know how that would work out with the 70 series and if the extra heighth will fit and/or may it not look right on Daytona? Also, with either size tire would I be better off going with 15x7" or 15x8" wheels? I currently have P22570R14 on the stock road wheels and it is just not enough tire on this big car. :brickwall:

Thanks again.

WINGR