News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

did you dunk them in acid? they came out so nice and shiney . my 6 pak runs good but looks old
:cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on June 11, 2015, 08:03:02 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 11, 2015, 08:04:57 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  due to the recent changes and updates on my car  what is wrong in this picture  ?   :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big: 

I'm goin' with the kickdown linkage... :poke: :punkrocka: :woohoo: :rock:
you got it  ,  :cheers: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 11, 2015, 03:34:02 PM
So who is working on those carbs ?  I know those ain't your hands.  :scratchchin:

So Who is the Carb wizard ?  Cough it up please. I need help too. Help a fellow Kansas Mafia guy out.
BTW, did you go to the HPAC car show ? Any Pic's. ?

Stu, what's the big secret. ? I don't get you  :shruggy:

Howie

Stu didnt you send your carbs to holley in kentucky?  I sent my nascar carb there and it came back looking new and performed awsome.

Howie

moparstuart

Quote from: Howie on June 17, 2015, 11:42:15 AM
Stu didnt you send your carbs to holley in kentucky?  I sent my nascar carb there and it came back looking new and performed awsome.

Howie
Mine looked ok but the center carb has never run right ,  and everyone still says the coating color is wrong.    Scott Smith harms in the northwest does then the correct color  .
Anyways the center carb has always run like crap  .  Now so far they run great and dont dump raw fuel in my Motor  , Evl Bob my carb guy found some original cork gaskets small old dried up ones still in the carb also , where holley hadnt even dug all the way into the thing  .  So far I very happy but this next few days will be the test . Im headed out tomorrow on a 500 mile trek across Kansas ( The Kansas Mopar Cruise )  we end up at the Wam show in wichita saturday .      
https://www.facebook.com/ksmoparcruise/posts/1581416258804307     and      http://www.wichitamopar.com/

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 15, 2015, 01:34:52 PM
So who is working on those carbs ?  I know those ain't your hands.  :scratchchin:

So Who is the Carb wizard ?  Cough it up please. I need help too. Help a fellow Kansas Mafia guy out.

Stu, what's the big secret. ? I don't get you  :shruggy:

???

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 18, 2015, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 15, 2015, 01:34:52 PM

Stu, what's the big secret. ? I don't get you  :shrug
???

moparstuart

skip68

I'm sure you know about the bolt trick for motor mounts stu.   :shruggy:
If not Ron has it stickied in engine topics.   It's the way to go.  :2thumbs:  I did it after breaking 2 mounts and never had trouble after that.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

birdsandbees

When I was 17 I ran a chain on my left engine side so that the engine couldn't lift too far, but still got tired of breaking mounts with the 4 gear. I changed it to a solid steel mount at 18 or so and added about 30,000 flawless miles of clutch dumping. Still fine after all these years... 35 of them to be exact and certainly no engine vibration / wear issues that everyone warned about. I now see that, in those three decades, they've come out with a fancy rubber center, steel flange overlapping mount that can't shear clean like the old ones.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

moparstuart

Quote from: birdsandbees on June 21, 2015, 01:43:51 PM
When I was 17 I ran a chain on my left engine side so that the engine couldn't lift too far, but still got tired of breaking mounts with the 4 gear. I changed it to a solid steel mount at 18 or so and added about 30,000 flawless miles of clutch dumping. Still fine after all these years... 35 of them to be exact and certainly no engine vibration / wear issues that everyone warned about. I now see that, in those three decades, they've come out with a fancy rubber center, steel flange overlapping mount that can't shear clean like the old ones.
thats the way im going the left side solid and the right side standard every one i talked to said this works great and doesnt shake you to death
also it will fix my exhaust gasket problem the motor moves so much im killing the gasket seals   

just bought these but will only use the left one http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-62520

birdsandbees

Yes.. that looks really familiar, been a long time since I was under there. That's what's on mine... solid left, regular OEM rubber from at least '79 on right.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart