News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

oh no my kid has found my secret hidding place
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

66chargerkid

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 21, 2007, 02:49:27 PM
Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on August 18, 2007, 02:51:47 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 18, 2007, 12:59:18 PM
  hey 70 r/t  what is the kansas mafia ????  and how do i join  ?????

The idea came from a corporate recruiter who reminded me of a used car salesman, full of the stereotypical salesman's song and dance.  He would try to get people to re-locate to Maine, and join the "Maine mafia" as he referred to the employees of the company that worked there. 

It started in the Charger chat room, when at any one time there would be 4 or 5 members from Kansas in it at once, usually around 10:30PM Central at night.  Coined the term "Kansas mafia", and the informal fraternity was born.  Really no actual organization, just several mopar guys with similar interests with Kansas addresses.

Moparguy01, Todd Wilson, buttermilksloth, RD, were among the originals.  Moparguy01 was in college at McPherson, KS at the time, now resides in North Dakota.  We used to kid around about the "bada bing" chat room, back when the Soprano's were popular.  Actually would go off in our own chat room when people started chatting about non-mopar stuff in the Charger chat.  Then 01 and Todd Wilson put Kansas Mafia in there avatar, with my following suit, and it has lived on, despite the infrequent use of the chat room recently.

That's funny, I didn't know that's how that whole thing started. :lol:

I was told when I registered on the site that you made it up? Mopar hound then told how it became.....so I deleted my earlier post about you so  :scratchchin: :-\ :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

66chargerkid    is my 15 year old kid  i bought him a first gen 66 charger  last christmas sunfir yellow  383 factory  power steering  power brakes   a/c car    rust free but all apart in boxes   ( he has his work cut out for him now )

give him lots of trouble

66chargerkid

moparstuart

i have fresh pictures hope to get them resized and up soon  still clueless on resizing them

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on August 28, 2007, 12:25:33 PM
i have fresh pictures hope to get them resized and up soon  still clueless on resizing them

what computer photo program are you using?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:  i was actually I who coined the term...     :yesnod:

moparstuart

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

no i am computer challenged so either my kid will or i need help from someone nice enought to work me through it or do it for me

MOPARHOUND!

Recent pic's of MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

moparstuart

it has a wing and a nose now  wow     the little ham is IAN my 6 year old  he trys to get in every picture

moparstuart

Thanks again to lonnie for resizing my pictures ,posting them and starting the thread .

moparstuart

The speedo cluster looks amazing and was restored by dave patik of florida  he also did all the custom and standard white decals ( custom white h/l white out surounds and custom black letters for the bird decal to go on the h/l door. It will have a white top , white interior, white plymouth lettering on the quarters and white wing decals .
    The steering wheel is a nice used but not cracked or darkened with age like most and some original graining still left on it . It's off a 69 gtx my brother parted in circa 1977 ?  I hate the reman look how the stain is so dark so I love the look of my used original .
    The steering column was restored by Kevin Penquite of wichita kansas. He powder coats all the brackets , replaces all the wiring and paints them up pretty for a very resonable price and sell them out right also .  He rekeyed mine with a new lock cylinder also.
    The  A/C dash has all new wiring and was rebuild , repainted and installed with all the a/c stuff by jim edwards of belton missouri. What a pain it was to find a good and correct a/c heater core . Not a common part but classic air makes them .         

moparstuart

The console  and dash cluster are both original to the superbird the body parts came off of  so the car will show right at 50 k on it.
    if you look at the passenger side cockpit floor pan , that is were we had used  POR-15  rust product on the new floor pans installed 5 some years ago . By the time ed my new body man got the car it was all peeling up .  Not so impressed with Por-15 any one else had good or bad experiences ????????????????

Howie

When does your body man think he will be done? I still haven`t decided what color to paint my daytona clone. Wife is relieved that it is not going to be lime. Larry(hotrod) asked her which car I was building for her and the look and reply was he is going to take me to the dealership when I am ready for another car.

Howard

moparstuart

he should be done by the 10th  then it just has to go to the muffler shop and the top installed
  i am having the top shop install my top and glass  but having them make a boot Every one has told me the aftermarket boots are junk and dont fit well.  So i'm  having  them customer make/fit one.
  The six pack carbs came back from the holley custom shop monday . They did a great job they re-amadized them so they are the correct goldish color and they complete rebuild and flow tested them . They come with a sheet of all the spec. how they ran . It was 220 each but they look great.  Holley's address is    holley custom shop 1801 russellville road bowling green ky 42101     phone  270-781-9741  call them if you need a quote .

moparstuart

hey howie  how much did holley quote you on rebuilding your  race holley 4 barrel ???????????

Howie

Glad you remided me. I just got off the phone with them and it goes out tomorrow. Wouldn`t you know the quote was for $426.00.  So after that is said and done I will have a thousand dollars in my carb.  Ouch!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

Quote from: Howie on August 30, 2007, 11:44:33 AM
Glad you remided me. I just got off the phone with them and it goes out tomorrow. Wouldn`t you know the quote was for $426.00. So after that is said and done I will have a thousand dollars in my carb. Ouch!
The alcohol carb on my dragster was over $1000 so that price doesn't surprise me. Of course, I build mopars so nothing surprises me anymore.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

66chargerkid