News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 03, 2009, 08:02:11 PM
That would be great if he came. I think Howie's going to be there, but of course his car isn't ready yet.
I would love to meet howie face to face

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on May 03, 2009, 08:04:06 PM
That would be great if he came. I think Howie's going to be there, but of course his car isn't ready yet.

Took the risk and took birdible to Branson again this saturday ( last year blew it up coming back from branson)
Ian and I had a blast ,   It ran great and we clocked our gas mileage at 14 mpg .  That is way up from what I have been getting so i think i'm getting it broken in pretty well.   We did blow out the stud on the back of the alternator that powers the whole car about 40 miles from home.  The headlights where a little weak but the we limped it home on the  battery .   Had a great time and the car is just running and driving like a champ .  This was a good warm up for this weekend cruise across kansas and Mopar in the park in minnesota at the end of the month .  We are driving it up to minnesota no trailer queen here .

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on May 11, 2009, 12:42:48 PM

Took the risk and took birdible to Branson again this saturday ( last year blew it up coming back from branson)
Ian and I had a blast ,   It ran great and we clocked our gas mileage at 14 mpg .  That is way up from what I have been getting so i think i'm getting it broken in pretty well.   We did blow out the stud on the back of the alternator that powers the whole car about 40 miles from home.  The headlights where a little weak but the we limped it home on the  battery .   Had a great time and the car is just running and driving like a champ .  This was a good warm up for this weekend cruise across kansas and Mopar in the park in minnesota at the end of the month .  We are driving it up to minnesota no trailer queen here .

Good to hear!  I too will be in the "no trailer queen" group on my way to Mopars in the Park at the end of the month.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 11, 2009, 01:24:25 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 11, 2009, 12:42:48 PM

Good to hear!  I too will be in the "no trailer queen" group on my way to Mopars in the Park at the end of the month.   :icon_smile_big:
glad to hear your sacrificing and making the long trip   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

i'll believe it when i see you   oh and what is it like a 30 min drive ?

hotrod98

This past week was a total disaster for us. They were predicting 70 and 80 % rain all weekend for Branson to begin with and even worse down this way. We had hail storm after hail storm in this area. Luckily they all managed to miss us by just a few miles. Then to top everything off I was hit with the flu bug and felt like total hell all weekend. We had decided to go ahead and try to drive up Saturday morning and then it started raining non stop about midnight Friday and wouldn't let up. The 3-speed wiper motor in the 71 gave up on me a couple of weeks ago and I never did get the new wiper linkage installed on the 73 so we would have had to rely on Rain-X all weekend. The rain-x works pretty good, but having to drive with the windows up all of the time sucks. The last time we drove back from Branson in the rain, we had to leave the windows partially down just to breathe and then I had to remove the interior from both cars just to get everything to dry up. Needless to say, we stayed home and recuperated.
Hopefully the August Branson show will work out better.

Stuart...any pics?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 11, 2009, 01:45:00 PM
This past week was a total disaster for us. They were predicting 70 and 80 % rain all weekend for Branson to begin with and even worse down this way. We had hail storm after hail storm in this area. Luckily they all managed to miss us by just a few miles. Then to top everything off I was hit with the flu bug and felt like total hell all weekend. We had decided to go ahead and try to drive up Saturday morning and then it started raining non stop about midnight Friday and wouldn't let up. The 3-speed wiper motor in the 71 gave up on me a couple of weeks ago and I never did get the new wiper linkage installed on the 73 so we would have had to rely on Rain-X all weekend. The rain-x works pretty good, but having to drive with the windows up all of the time sucks. The last time we drove back from Branson in the rain, we had to leave the windows partially down just to breathe and then I had to remove the interior from both cars just to get everything to dry up. Needless to say, we stayed home and recuperated.
Hopefully the August Branson show will work out better.

Stuart...any pics?

yes but will have to wait for me to bride quintin into resizing them for me , them i will post them up .
You know me i take pictures everywhere I go , Ian and I were the only ones that went this trip but we stuffed our self at lamberts .   :fart2: :fart2: :fart2:

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on May 11, 2009, 01:29:54 PMglad to hear your sacrificing and making the long trip   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

i'll believe it when i see you   oh and what is it like a 30 min drive ?

30 min drive ?  :o i wish.  mapquest came up with 43 minutes..  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

You know me i take pictures everywhere I go , Ian and I were the only ones that went this trip but we stuffed our self at lamberts .  

You haven't lived until you've eaten at Lamberts. We haven't been in a couple of years. We've been a diet of sorts where you simply cut your portions in half. That just isn't possible at Lamberts.  :icon_smile_big:

What did the car count end up at Branson? Howie said maybe around 50 cars. If the weather forecast had been better, there would have been at least a hundred more. Including my friends cars, we had planned to bring six or more cars.   

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteWe've been a diet of sorts

me too and i'm going to the gym . :eek2:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 11, 2009, 05:35:04 PM
You know me i take pictures everywhere I go , Ian and I were the only ones that went this trip but we stuffed our self at lamberts .  

You haven't lived until you've eaten at Lamberts. We haven't been in a couple of years. We've been a diet of sorts where you simply cut your portions in half. That just isn't possible at Lamberts.  :icon_smile_big:

What did the car count end up at Branson? Howie said maybe around 50 cars. If the weather forecast had been better, there would have been at least a hundred more. Including my friends cars, we had planned to bring six or more cars.   
yeah 50 or so anda bout 30 T/A's before we left with over 100 more coming , then tuesday they were leaving for a cross country trip.

hotrod98

I really hate that everything went bad weatherwise. They were really hoping for at least 150 cars. We had been looking forward to going for months.
It was going to be nice not having to wait until August to go to a car show in Branson. It has rained on us even in August a few times.
Any chance that you will be there in August?
We plan to take five cars if everything works out. Both cudas, the 69 Runner with the SB wing, the Daytona clone and the black 69 Runner.
I gotta keep humping to get the black runner and the daytona both finished up. ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 11, 2009, 09:57:22 PM
I really hate that everything went bad weatherwise. They were really hoping for at least 150 cars. We had been looking forward to going for months.
It was going to be nice not having to wait until August to go to a car show in Branson. It has rained on us even in August a few times.
Any chance that you will be there in August?
We plan to take five cars if everything works out. Both cudas, the 69 Runner with the SB wing, the Daytona clone and the black 69 Runner.
I gotta keep humping to get the black runner and the daytona both finished up. ;D
we shall see but , I am non commital at this point .
I now know i can do a quick day trip if i want .

moparstuart

moparstuart

ultima alternator has a life time warranty

it was   $1.00 to up great to a 78 amp , so I did it with the modern touch screem radio I figured it needed it . This one has a better design I dont think the  rear main wiring stud will pull out of this one .

after math of the branson trip

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

:drool5: getting a new tail stripe soon  nicked mine

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,57145.0.html

moparstuart

Look what my awesome friend sue did .  Birdible story is up on the wing warriors site .

thanks sue 

check it out here             http://wwnboa.org/stuartbirdable.htm

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on May 18, 2009, 12:13:59 PM
  Look what my awesome friend sue did .  Birdible story is up on the wing warriors site .

thanks sue 

check it out here             http://wwnboa.org/stuartbirdable.htm

GREAT!!  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

moparstuart

nascarxx29

Good story .I think I know who Wayne got a wing from at the nats for $500.00 :icon_smile_big:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on July 14, 2009, 07:26:44 PM
Good story .I think I know who Wayne got a wing from at the nats for $500.00 :icon_smile_big:
I think i know where that once yellow wing is now  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

nascarxx29

:2thumbs: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: I was over at my good friend Ted Janaks spot.And mentioned wing was out in the parking lot..    Wayne was there at Teds spot..I was talking to Ted other day .He asked me If I knew a Wayne .Who inquired about headlight doors for a daytona.Which I already knew the deer story.Small world

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

moparstuart