News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Question!

Started by 2fast4u, August 23, 2007, 10:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fast4u

Of all the `69 Daytonas built, what is the rarest one built?  Like has the most options and/or the least number built?   :shruggy:

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

daytonalo

Probably that Black Hemi car ! For sure worth the most

69_500

Technically if you break down any of the Daytona's most of them are a 1 of 5 or less. There aren't that many that have exactly all of the same options. The black HEMI 4 speed car that was at the nationals is a great car, but other than for stripe color there is an identical on elsewhere. Its not the only HEMI black 4 speed Daytona, but it is the only one with a red stripe that I know of. The other one has a white stripe, unsure on actual origional stripe color.
There is a F8 green HEMI Daytona that is fairly well loaded as well, that used to be owned by Dave Jones back in the 80's. There is also a Daytona in the northeast that is very well loaded down with options, including cruise control.

So there are some cars with multiple options out there.

nascarxx29

Another loaded out optioned daytona I can think of is a friends car is a 440 car and has the most options on it.I had to see its buildsheet to believe it .Its on the daytona ship list.As I recall a executives car .Or something like that
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

wingcar builder

without a Doubt!! :smilielol: :smilielol:

3--Daytona

Hey!!! c-500,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Where does my black car fit into this picture??
Me and Jerry missed you in Wi,,,   Are you going to make StLouis >
   3-daytona

69_500

Yeah I'll make it to St. Louis for sure. I'm already packed and ready for that show.

As far as how your black car fits in to the discussion of rare. Well it is the only Black with red interior, red tail stripe 440 4 speed Daytona that I know of. I believe that there is another one that is an AT though.

nascarxx29

I know of a Black on red daytona On the east coast.Have to see what I recorded for the transmission

2fast4u

This is very interesting so far guys thanks for the info so far.......
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

70charger_boy

I've heard that there was only 1 440 4speed built with white interior

70charger_boy

Quote from: daytonalo on August 24, 2007, 12:18:20 AM
Probably that Black Hemi car ! For sure worth the most

Is that the Arruza built hemi with 16 spark plugs and siamese distributors?

69_500

There is definately more than 1 440 car that is a 4 speed with white interior. Depending on what color exterior your talking about that is, but I can think of a handful of Red 4 speed cars with white interior. One being a 4 speed car with a buddy seat.

And no the black car does not have an Arruza built HEMI, as it retains its origional HEMI in it.

hemigeno

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 04, 2007, 09:37:13 PM
I've heard that there was only 1 440 4speed built with white interior

I can think of four white interior 4-speed cars off the top of my head, and I could come up with way more than that if I "cheat" and look at my spreadsheet.  White interiors are not necessarily that rare, so I wonder why someone would have made that statement - unless they were trying to sell a 440 4-speed white interior car and wanted to make it seem a little more rare??   :shruggy:

69_500

Hey Gene how about an F6 green 440 4 speed car with white interior? I can't think of more than 1 of those.

I think if you break it down by color, and interior, and stripe color, just about every 4 speed car would be a 1 of 1 or at the most a 1 of 5 car right? I mean I can think of 4 cars almost identical to Jim's red car, but not that many that fit all the parameters.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on September 05, 2007, 05:55:11 PM
Hey Gene how about an F6 green 440 4 speed car with white interior? I can't think of more than 1 of those.

I think if you break it down by color, and interior, and stripe color, just about every 4 speed car would be a 1 of 1 or at the most a 1 of 5 car right? I mean I can think of 4 cars almost identical to Jim's red car, but not that many that fit all the parameters.

Didn't Larry Bell own a white interior F6 green 4-speed car at one time?

You're probably right about there being some combination of options that make a lot of these cars unique.  As I get more and more Fender Tag codes plugged into this spreadsheet, I'm seeing quite a few patterns emerge.  They did seem to build a lot of cars in bunches with similar option packages.  Sorta like "We think this will sell OK".  Probably a Chrysler thing, but then again if the Dealerships had the same idea it could have been that Chrysler just grouped the cars together that happened to have been ordered with similar packages.  We're talking about 6-8 cars with sequential or very close VINs.  It'll be neat to see what other things can be explained as more and more of the blanks are filled in.

My particular car is probably more unique for NOT having as many options as a lot of other cars.  About the only optional extra-cost items above the Daytona standard equipment list ordered on my car were Road Wheels ($86.15), AM Radio ($61.55), Console ($54.45), and - for whatever reason - a tinted windshield ($25.90).  I guess you could say that the 4-speed option added $142.85, since that was the MSRP to add the mandatory A33 TrackPak with the "free" A833 transmission option...   :rotz: That's about as stripped down as you'll find, although since a lot of cars are missing their original broadcast sheets we'll never be able to say which car has the most or least amount of options.

70charger_boy

The Daytona 440 4 speed with white interior I'm talking about is orange.  Maybe EV-2?

nascarxx29

One of those F6 4 speed white interior daytonas .Might be the old Larry Bell / Mason Dixon

69_500

Like most auctions, they are a bit off on their stats. Most of those places advertise the car the way that the seller has it written down.

There is a V2 orange 4 speed car with white interior, that I know of that has a buddy seat, not a console. I don't think its the same car.

pettybird

Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 05, 2007, 06:29:56 PM
One of those F6 4 speed white interior daytonas .Might be the old Larry Bell / Mason Dixon

it's in cleveland now, has been for 8? years

hemigeno

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 05, 2007, 06:37:04 PM
Here is the link for the white interior car that sold a way back at auction

Yep, exactly what I thought earlier:

Quote from: hemigeno on September 05, 2007, 05:51:22 PM
I wonder why someone would have made that statement - unless they were trying to sell a 440 4-speed white interior car and wanted to make it seem a little more rare?? :shruggy:

Sales pitch, preying on the uninformed...   :rotz:

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on September 05, 2007, 06:27:19 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on September 05, 2007, 05:55:11 PM

Didn't Larry Bell own a white interior F6 green 4-speed car at one time?

You're probably right about there being some combination of options that make a lot of these cars unique.  As I get more and more Fender Tag codes plugged into this spreadsheet, I'm seeing quite a few patterns emerge.  They did seem to build a lot of cars in bunches with similar option packages.  Sorta like "We think this will sell OK".  Probably a Chrysler thing, but then again if the Dealerships had the same idea it could have been that Chrysler just grouped the cars together that happened to have been ordered with similar packages.  We're talking about 6-8 cars with sequential or very close VINs.  It'll be neat to see what other things can be explained as more and more of the blanks are filled in.

My particular car is probably more unique for NOT having as many options as a lot of other cars.  About the only optional extra-cost items above the Daytona standard equipment list ordered on my car were Road Wheels ($86.15), AM Radio ($61.55), Console ($54.45), and - for whatever reason - a tinted windshield ($25.90).  I guess you could say that the 4-speed option added $142.85, since that was the MSRP to add the mandatory A33 TrackPak with the "free" A833 transmission option...   :rotz: That's about as stripped down as you'll find, although since a lot of cars are missing their original broadcast sheets we'll never be able to say which car has the most or least amount of options.

Gene does your car have the tich toch tach?  or was that option standard on Daytonas?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 06, 2007, 10:43:02 AM
Gene does your car have the tich toch tach?  or was that option standard on Daytonas?

Nope, no N85 Tach coded on my car - wish it were   :'( .  It wasn't a mandatory option, although a quick look at what information I have shows that about 1/2 of the cars came with the Tach.

70charger_boy

Sales pitch, preying on the uninformed...   :rotz:

Thank god we have you to educate us uninformed people.  Now, if only these money grubber sellers would get informed it would save us the agravation of doing alot of homework

hemigeno

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 06, 2007, 11:22:51 AM
Thank god we have you to educate us uninformed people.  Now, if only these money grubber sellers would get informed it would save us the agravation of doing alot of homework

Resources like this board and sites like Aerowarriors.com have done more for the collective pool of knowledge about Wing Cars than anything else, in my book anyway.  The respective club newsletters are great too, but that search button at the top of this page is just such a handy little critter!

Oh, and I sure hope you weren't intimating that I'm the ultimate source of information on Daytonas - as that's certainly not the case...

:cheers: