News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OEM 13+" brake rotors

Started by GT, September 24, 2005, 01:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

Can anyone tell me what cars/years/models came with 13" or larger rotors?

I know about Mustang Cobra's...  Any other Ford/Chevy/Chysler product?

Thanks
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

bull

Not too many if any. Maybe the Viper rotors are that big but I doubt it. Probably the biggest of the most common car rotors by Mopar are the 11.75" ones found on the big, late-'70s B-body cars.

If you're wondering about coverting a Charger to disc brakes there is a Viper swap that many people are doing now.

Troy

Actually, there's a bunch of new ones but I don't have them all memorized. Andy from AR Engineering has done a LOT of research in this area. The problem with getting them in an old Mopar is the width of the rotor I believe. Most new cars have wheels with a hub way out by the outer edge to clear the brakes. High performance European cars (Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, BMW) all have large brakes as well as Viper, Mustang, Corvette, Firebird/Camaro, I think the GTO... and even the new Charger (SRT8 has 14" in front). Don't forget trucks and ricers but some of those may be harder to work with.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

d72hemi

from what I know AR engineering is the way to go http://www.arengineering.com/  I don't remember but on of the Mopar mags did a install on a first gen RR, and they had a good reveiw about it.