News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger 500

Started by gtx6970, August 29, 2007, 02:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

I had lunch with a good friend of mine yesterday and he tells me another guy we both know has been approaced to sell his 1969 Charger hemi  500.So we got to wondering what is a non-running hemi 500 worth today, car has been sitting motionless (indoors the entire time btw) for the last 30 + years.

Bronze car, tan interior, something like 10000 miles or there abouts .matching numbers drivetrain . absolutely rust free, documented real Mr Norms car with all the dyno tuned things done to it, such as headers, ignition upgrades and the like..I think it's a console auto car, but wouldn't bet on the trans combo, been to long since I seen the car.
car needs restored, no doubt.Was original owner when the buddy of mine bought it approx 1992 ????? , original owner stuffed it into a too small garage in the early 70s and used it to stack lawn chairs,, ladders and partially empty paint cans on and god only knows what else.

then just today I was talking to another friend of mine and he tells me the car as been sold, for what I think for WAY more than it's worth.
whats a restored Hemi 500 worth today ?

hemi68charger

Bill,
Of course, I'm going to be jaded on this one because I have the same thing but in a 440 4-speed version.. If the car's as complete and rust free as you mention, I would think it's easily worth $100K just the way it sits.... Now, brokers will say that the C500's aren't up there because of appeal and/or desire. But, all it takes is one person to lay down the cash...   There are far fewer C500's out there than Daytonas and far far fewer than the Plymouth brother Superbird.. But, in this case, rarity doesn't fit into the same equation as their winged brothers....  I would say a done Hemi C500 would be in the ball-park between $150 to $200K....

But, then again, this is Dana's Dad talking.......

T7 bronze with tan interior !!!!!  According to Galen, some time ago in a color breakdown of C500's, there was 6 T7's..... If that's the case, I have come across all 6 !!!!! 

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gtx6970

Troy, I don't think this car is T7, maybe T5 .

Anyways it sold this past weekend for what I was told = $150,000 - and it still needs restored. this car hasn't moved under it's own power since about 1973 or 74

learical1

C500 + Hemi + Mr. Norm = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Regardless of the condition!
Bruce

69bronzeT5

Quote from: learical1 on August 29, 2007, 04:30:37 PM
C500 + Hemi + Mr. Norm = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Regardless of the condition!

:iagree:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 29, 2007, 02:56:42 PM
Troy, I don't think this car is T7, maybe T5 .

Anyways it sold this past weekend for what I was told = $150,000 - and it still needs restored. this car hasn't moved under it's own power since about 1973 or 74

Being a C500 guy, I think it's worth it, especially if there's not much body work needing done.....  Whew !!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to increase my insurance coverage :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Well I was going to say before reading what you posted that it sold for, and I was going to say that it should go in the ball park of $115-130K. I wouldn't have guessed $150K though. Although low mileage does help, as well as being a Mr. Norms car.

Would love to see if I have any information on that car already. I don't recall any HEMI 500's in your neck of the woods though, other than an old Y2 one.

gtx6970

Danny,
this car has never been ON the radar, let alone fallen off of it.Original owner bought it from My Norms new, drove it for a while, maybe street raced it for a few years,then stuck it int the garage in Greensburg In. just outside Lawrenceburg Indiana is where the friend of mine bought it around 1990 - 92 . It was less than 5 or 6 miles from Edgewater Raceway park in Cleves Oh.
This was one of those  ghost storys that pop up once in a while,,, where a friend of a friend of a friend knows of this hemi car kinda storys. But no one knew for sure where it was.

I'll see about getting some info on the car in the coming months, A friend of mine knows the new owner so getting in to see it may not be that easy. owner has had a 69 hemi gtx that a friend of mine sold in the early 90's to Mark Oswald of Candies and Hughes fame. This guy bought that GTX from Mark a couple years after that, and I've never seen it since. supposedly it's in the west side in Cincy area

69Charger500

So what are the odds this is the same car in the famous vintage Mr. Norm's Ad or some sort of picture that shows a Charger 500 sitting on the Mr. Norm's Dealership Lot brand spanking new???

moparstuart

if its a hemi and the right color odd a really good  ?????????????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

That was what I was thinking when you were talking about the car. I have a few shots of Mr. Norms lot with a HEMI 500 sittiing in the background. Just kind of thought it might be the same car.

Would love any information on the car at all. Heck I'd drive down to look at it even if its for 2 minutes. Cincy isn't that far away, and I"m heading there tomorrow anyways.  ;)