News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electrical question

Started by Spartan, September 24, 2005, 08:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Well, I am actually at my folks place with my 69 Charger trying to track down where to connect the trunk light extension plugs into the harness and the map light wiring goes.  

With the map light, is it just plug into the same color items?   I am guessing the pink wire plugs into the back of the fuse box at the same spot as the pink wires already there, yellow to the door switch and then plug the wire off the switch into the harness and then figure out the other ones.   I can't find any info on where they all go, anyone have any experience pluging these things in?     Thing that makes me a bit mad is I was playing with the door wire and found it was taped.   Undoing the tape I found a cut wire so the original owner at one time must have cut it for some reason.....

On the trunk light, anyone know where to find the connector where the trunk light extension plugs into?   Also, the location of the bulb holder.   I did not see a hole under the trunk for it to screw into.   I have the switch in the trunk in (that was easy to find lol)

This having the car in another place from home sucks,   I will never get all I want to accomplish done.....

Thanks guys.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

71_deputy

With the map light,
I am guessing the pink wire plugs into the back of the fuse box at the same spot as the pink wires already there, yellow to the door switch and then plug the wire off the switch into the harness and then figure out the other ones.  

correct!

On the trunk light, anyone know where to find the connector where the trunk light extension plugs into?    to buy one?????  hope some one has a spare one- it is a short pink & yellow wire with the connectors on both ends to allow you to insert it betwwen the existing wiring. If you can't find one- just wire it back to the pink hot wire.

Also, the location of the bulb holder.   I did not see a hole under the trunk for it to screw into.   it is located under the trunk- not in the trunk lid itself.   right by the left side near the speaker hole .
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

Spartan

Thanks.  The only place I can tell for where the extension plugs into is up by the drivers side under the dash where the mound of wires are.  If it is a jumper between the dome and the rest of the harness  then thats one long wire going back to the trunk.  Must have a pink and yellow wire going between the dome and dash harness'

If I cannot find one it looks like it should be easy to make one up.

Thats it on the map harness?  I have a couple other connector points without a place to go.  Are those for other options I done have?  One is a brown wire and the other is a yellow with black stripe.  Maybe one is for the ignition light (that I don't have) and one for something else?  I don't have a wiring diagram for options on a 69.  All my books have everything but map light, ignition light. 

It was fun working on this stuff.  Wish I just had more time.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)