News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger bought on Ebay from McGahey

Started by zerfetzen, September 08, 2007, 05:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

So there isnt an extra character in the VIN # on the dash?  Good luck with this one :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68charger383

Other then the rear window and gauges, I would let the other stuff slide. You'll probably get new ones anyway. Contact e-bay protection services http://pages.motors.ebay.com/services/overview.htmland file a claim with them for the missing items. I think you have 60-90 days from the date of purchase. But first send the seller a demand in writing in an effort to work things out.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Charger_Fan

These guys have to be the next generation of HLPAG. :rotz:

I swear this was the seller I was contemplating buying a '70 hood from...can't find the link though.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

For some reason his name sounds familier before this thread. I dont remember buying anything from him though. :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

runninhorn

im in north texas.

want me to pay him a visit in person for you?

zerfetzen

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 08, 2007, 04:48:12 PM
So there isnt an extra character in the VIN # on the dash?  Good luck with this one :cheers:

Foot in mouth time, here goes:
I got the car last night about 10:30, was pretty excited about getting it, and after it was in the garage I realized parts were missing, and got a little upset.  When I calmed down, I got tired, but ran down there with a notepad to take down the VIN and fender tag.  I thought there was a 5 in the middle of the VIN.  I guess I was pretty beat.  I'll uh, take my foot out of my mouth now :)
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

zerfetzen

Quote from: runninhorn on September 08, 2007, 06:29:04 PM
im in north texas.

want me to pay him a visit in person for you?

You know, I've gotta admit that sounds pretty good  :flame:

runninhorn

its 250 miles up there, can be there in 4 hours.

zerfetzen

Quote from: 68charger383 on September 08, 2007, 05:02:28 PM
Other then the rear window and gauges, I would let the other stuff slide. You'll probably get new ones anyway. Contact e-bay protection services http://pages.motors.ebay.com/services/overview.htmland file a claim with them for the missing items. I think you have 60-90 days from the date of purchase. But first send the seller a demand in writing in an effort to work things out.

That sounds like a good game plan.  I'm going to contact the transport company, DAS, and the driver was great to work with, by the way.  About a year ago I moved out here and had a similar transport bring my 74 barracuda (which I since had to sell, but that's a whole different ball of wax), and that company had a rule that nothing unsecured could be in the cabin or trunk.  I'm betting this company wouldn't let him transport a rear window in the car, though who knows whether or not he even tried to do that.  Given that the dash cluster, dash board, etc., is missing, I somehow doubt it.  That should close a possible escape of saying the driver took it away with the window there.

I hope they play nice and work something out.  If not, the more I think about it, I'll just have to step it up to a lawyer, like say, the sister of the main guy I work with, and we're really tight, because all either of us do with free time is talk cars, and it seems we both tend to think the same. What a great guy to work with.  :)

I was also thinking that knowing the price of a rear window and dash cluster would help me negotiate money back, if it goes that way.  Somehow I doubt they make repro dash clusters for 69 chargers.  So that price is probably hard to be fair about, other than finding one on ebay and assuming that price is average.  But they make the rear window, right?  Any idea where or how much?  I'm not having any luck finding a price for that.  Thanks.

zerfetzen

Quote from: runninhorn on September 08, 2007, 07:23:29 PM

Man, if you would actually go up there and be able to get my parts back, I'd owe you big.  So big.  Anything I could do for you?

Here's the address of Honest Abe:
7801 N. 122 East Avenue
Owasso, OK 74055

runninhorn

what exactly am i getting so I know everything:

zerfetzen

Rear Window
Entire Dash Cluster
Door Panels (Left and Right, Front and Rear)
Carpet
Cobra CB
Charger Emblems on Quarter Panels (Left and Right)

zerfetzen

Quote from: zerfetzen on September 08, 2007, 07:45:01 PM
Rear Window
Entire Dash Cluster
Carpet
Cobra CB

You've gotta at least let me buy your gas.

runninhorn

Quote from: zerfetzen on September 08, 2007, 07:47:34 PM
Rear Window
Entire Dash Cluster
Carpet
Cobra CB

ok, I drive an 07 Tahoe, gets 14 mpg so you can do the math on the gas. id appreciate it. calling the wife now, gonna try and go tomorrow morning.

no318

WOW, what a good guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It isn't my stuff and I appreciate what you are doing.

zerfetzen

Quote from: runninhorn on September 08, 2007, 07:55:38 PM
Quote from: zerfetzen on September 08, 2007, 07:47:34 PM
Rear Window
Entire Dash Cluster
Carpet
Cobra CB

ok, I drive an 07 Tahoe, gets 14 mpg so you can do the math on the gas. id appreciate it. calling the wife now, gonna try and go tomorrow morning.

Sounds good, guess I was hoping for a neon though :)  Ok, so 250 miles away = 500 miles round trip / 14 mph x $3 = $125.  Done.

FYI
I was thinking the place of business may be closed on Sunday.  I think I tried one other weekend and didn't hear back, but got through on a Monday.  Anyway, so I looked at the pictures again, and the 4th and 6th pics show a place of business called "Transmissions and More".  Mapquest says:

12604 N Garnett Rd Collinsville, OK 74021, US

So that must have been their home address, and this their business?  Collinsville and Owasso are 4 miles apart, and the business looks like it's only 2 miles from Owasso.  That ought to let you make contact.

zerfetzen

Oh and my name and number is Byron Hall, 860-255-7758.

hemi-hampton

Runninhorn, Could you check on my part while your out there? :scratchchin: LEON.

greenpigs

QuoteI'm one of those billion guys who's mid-30's and was introduced to the car watching Dukes as a kid.  I doubt I make it a General, but I do like hemi orange, so maybe without the decals.  Then again, I've liked dark green for a while.  The blue charger in Christine looked pretty spiffy.

I am right there with you as I plan on making my blue 69 dark green when the body gets reworked. If he will not honor what he stated in the auction leave negative feedback so at least others will know he is shifty before dealing with him.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

zerfetzen

Quote from: greenpigs on September 08, 2007, 08:31:50 PM
QuoteI'm one of those billion guys who's mid-30's and was introduced to the car watching Dukes as a kid.  I doubt I make it a General, but I do like hemi orange, so maybe without the decals.  Then again, I've liked dark green for a while.  The blue charger in Christine looked pretty spiffy.

I am right there with you as I plan on making my blue 69 dark green when the body gets reworked. If he will not honor what he stated in the auction leave negative feedback so at least others will know he is shifty before dealing with him.

I'm with you.  I'll wait to see how everything resolves first, and then give feedback about the whole thing, in as few characters as possible.

chargerman68

what i nice guy...

hope everything gets worked out i dropped all contact on the charger i won off him on ebay, hope u get a nice car after all this

:cheers:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

ramit

I don't know if anybody else mentioned this yet or not but didn't the guy take the alternator and fan blade off too before you got the car?

runninhorn

yea, it appears it is a business. think they will be open on sunday? should i wait until a weekday?

RD

if you need assistance, its 250 miles from me in kansas also... the more the merry so to speak... my family lives in NE Oklahoma, so I can make a trip out of it.  Just let me know and we can meet up in Tulsa.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

This is just my :Twocents: but I probably wouldn't get too worked up over door panels and emblems, the panels are being reproduced and the emblems can be purchased new from your local Dodge dealer. Chances are (by the looks of the car and the sounds of the previous owner) they're shot anyhow. And there's a good chance this guy has piss poor examples of the rest of the parts that are in pretty crappy condition. So basically what he'll try to give you (if he stays in character) and what he'll say came on the car is a scratched up window, a busted up cluster that's missing three gauges, a wadded up chunk of nasty carpet and a Cobra CB with gum and hair stuck to it. So then you have to fight with him over that trying to get the good parts, if they were good to begin with. IMO I would ask for, say, a cash back offer and buy some good parts because this guy ain't going to give you any good parts.