News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel Prices= Lost Job

Started by NHCharger, September 25, 2005, 06:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: bull on September 27, 2005, 02:42:39 AM
Quote from: Troy on September 26, 2005, 07:32:56 PM
Quote from: ChargerBill on September 26, 2005, 04:58:35 PM
Is it true that they are making 3X's the amount of profit that they were just a year ago? Is this info accurate? I mean, I'm all for free enterprise, but that sounds like price gouging accross the board. Can anyone give a link with real and accurate info?

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on September 26, 2005, 07:10:56 PM
Its a total scam, the oil companies are making 300 percent more per gallon profit now?   That is the problem.   What other company in the US can triple its profit on its product in one year.  Only the oil companies, that pisses me off.   

We just went over this. Whoever said oil companies were making 3X more profit can't multiply... <cough>Bull</cough> :D
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2849.0.html
Read the second post and you'll see that the evil Exxon made all of 1.3X earnings from last year. That's from the actual financial reports too - not some newsperson's perspective. Imagine, a product is in higher demand and the company makes more money. That's crazy I tell you! NHCharger, WalMart may claim that gas prices are affecting sales but, by checking the financials once again, it looks like a convenient excuse. It hasn't impacted them as much as they want the media to think.

Where's the $5-6 gas we were supposed to have this week?

Troy

Now here's an interesting turn of events. I'm being goaded into an argument through personal attacks on my intelligence by the guy who locked a similar thread two days ago due to personal attacks. ??? You even linked the locked thread!

I can hardly wait for your response to find out how this is my fault. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Who blamed you for anything?
1. That thread isn't locked nor has it been locked in the past. You got the last word and, apparently, no one felt like wasting time by responding.
2. If pointing out facts and inaccuracies is a "personal attack" then there are larger issues to be concerned about. I did post a big smiley right next to the part about not being able to multiply. If in fact you check the math it is fairly obvious that the numbers aren't what you previously stated (even using the numbers you thought were correct based on what you heard - not researched). I linked the thread because I didn't feel like typing it all over again and one would think that a person involved in the conversation would actually remember it and not state incorrect information. See where I'm coming from?
3. The thread that I actually locked (but didn't link) went way beyond normal debate and if you don't see the difference then it may be a good time to take a step back and review. For reference, this would be a personal attack:
"Basically, I find you clueless and annoying and I've grown tired of trying to penetrate your Kevlar-coated noggin with the facts of life, so I'll stop trying."
Or this:
"Your life experience wouldn't fill a shot glass either."

Bill did ask for a link to back up your claims but I haven't seen anything yet. SeattleChargerDog also quoted your figures but you didn't validate those either. I could post 10 or 20 links with correct information but instead I posted a link to a conversation that you were involved in which pretty much answers what people were asking.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

My mistake, I confused the two threads when I said you linked it, but the essence of what I said regarding insults is still valid. After your vigorous responses to my previous posts on gas prices I have a hard time believing you didn't mean to get your digs in a little. Right? ;) If you want to call me an idiot, Troy, just do it. I don't mind, really. Putting a :D next to a comments doesn't nullify them, it just offers a little 'insulation' from the vague honesty.

Anyway, I can multiply just fine. I helped create two daughters. :D <------ see, a smiley!

Also, reams of analytical financial data doesn't make me feel any better about $3/gal. gas.

Troy

Ok, if I thought you were an idiot I would say so (and I might even try to be nice about it). :P Yes, that was my way of pointing out that you did actually know the numbers but chose to state something else as a fact. So, it was a dig in a way but in a friendly manner and not a you-are-a-complete-moron-even-though-I-have-no-factual-proof manner. I can't stand my car insurance rates but, unfortunately, I can't claim that they are making ten times more profit than they actually are and still be taken seriously by most people.

My multiplication:
2 daughters = 1 mildly insane father... when they reach their teens! ;) My friend has 4 (FOUR). I feel sorry for him since he's outnumbered 5 to 1 and he'll have teenage daughters for almost 15 years of his life...  :brickwall: :image_294343: :slap: On the other hand, he almost has half of a softball team, most of a basketball team, or even two beach volleyball teams so he can put his coaching skills to good use.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ChargerBill

THAT is why I asked the question...it seems hard to believe that they could be making 3X's the profit while per barrel costs are at an all time high ($64 last I saw yesterday). It doesn't figure if you do the simple math. In fact, the ONLY information I will believe is a complete breakdown of actual costs starting with per barrel all the way to pump and all the steps between. Does anyone know how many gallons of refined fuel can be made per barrel? I'm more into figuring these type of things out with hard numbers and mathematical equations, not conjecture and heresay. I'm not saying that any one particualr individual or source of info is wrong or right (because I REALLY don't know), but I'd rather have hard facts before I start pointing fingers.

Bull, dude...you seem to be more aggitated than usual. In fact, you don't sound like the Bull I know. The Bull I know was more light hearted, cynnical and sarcastic but in a non threatening way. I understand your frustrations, and I share some of them, but bud...you need to lighten up just a bit. If you want to talk please IM me.

BTW Car insurance is the biggest boondoggle of them all (actually the insurance industry as a whole). Those companies are making profits far above and beyond what is typically considered fair by most any other industry. The payout ratio is so negligible it isn't worth calculating. Do you think these companies will willingly and freely pay all these hurricane victims without resistance or looking to the fed for aid...think again. Ultimatley you and I will cover the costs...even though the insurance industry has raped the populus for BILLIONS in profits over the last few years alone.
Life is a highway...

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChargerBill on September 27, 2005, 02:41:39 PM

Bull, dude...you seem to be more aggitated than usual. In fact, you don't sound like the Bull I know. The Bull I know was more light hearted, cynnical and sarcastic but in a non threatening way. I understand your frustrations, and I share some of them, but bud...you need to lighten up just a bit. If you want to talk please IM me.

...you know youre in trouble when Bill is telling you to calm down.... ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ChargerBill

Quote from: Mojo Classic ® on September 27, 2005, 02:50:51 PM
...you know youre in trouble when Bill is telling you to calm down.... ;D

:lolexplode: LOL...you just couldn't resist....
Life is a highway...