News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dome light wiring troubles

Started by General Ryan, July 24, 2005, 11:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Ryan

I am missing a striker switch on the pass. door for the dome light to complete the circuit (I think) to have the dome light illuminate when the door(s) are opened. Tonite, I took the dash apart and while persuading the radio to come out from behind and under the dash, the dome light came on a couple times while I was pushing back towards a slew of wires. I'm not sure why, or what it touched but I cannot duplicate this by looking and seeing anything or touching/fiddling with some wires to see if they are badly connected. I do have 2 connectors in the harness that are not hooked upto anything, but these 2 do not go together, thought that they are maybe an option not put on this car and the harness left them unused. I still have the dash apart, so if someone could enlighten me on the whats and why of of it all, I'd appreciate it.

BTW- I do have a 69 wiring diagram, but kinda find them hard to follow, also, my dome light will work if I turn the dash light dimmer switch on all the way, also, the console has NO wiring to it and I'd like to know how to remedy this, wire set, what to hook it to and also, where to get the guts to hook it all up, as right now, its a decoration and only houses the shifter and storage compartment.

Thanks,
Ryan

General Ryan

Ghoste

Does your dome light work when you open the drivers door?  And does that side have a switch?

Chryco Psycho

the dome light works on a ground switch so you touched a yellow wire to ground to turn the light on