News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiring question for 1967 Charger

Started by Ghoste, July 18, 2005, 03:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Can anyone tell me where the connections go for the wiring on the courtesy light that is located under the dash on the passenger side of the car in 67's?

67RedCharger

Ghoste,  I'll check "Ole Red"  tomorrow in the daylight and post back here on this topic.  Jut carry a flashlight tonight.   ???
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

XP29F61

Ghoste, Do your passengers really need to see their feet that bad? Or is it just to keep them from stepping on the auction books on the floor?
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil.  For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base in Kadena, Japan

"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
USAF Ammo Troop

http://66-67charger.com

Ghoste

Actually it's just a case of it having come with the car and I yanked it out thinking it was incorrect and now I want it back in there.

Ghoste

67RedCharger

back toward steering wheel----white wire----|   |---white wire 2B20529 -------| |---white--rt kick panel-----~
          has to be hot                                                               |   |                                           female      | |  
                                                                                        bulb ( _ )                           black connector | |
                                                                                                                                                                         |
                                                                                                                                                                         |yellow wire
                                                                                                                                                                         |
                                                                                                                                                                         |_________Yellow wire
                                                                                                                                                                      _||   __________pink wire
                                                                                                                                                                    |   ||   | |
                                                                                                                                                                    |   ||   | |
                                                                                                                            female connector     |   ||   | |
                                                                                                                          behind rt kick panel |_||_|_|

______
                                                                                                                                                                    |   |     |   |
                                                                                                                                                                    |   |     |   |
                                                                                                                                             male plug   |   |     |   |
                                                                                                                                                                    |   |     |   |
                                                                                                                                                                    |_|__|_|
                                                                                                                                                                         |      |                          
                                                                                                                                                                         |      |                                   
              -------------------- yellow wire going to door switch-------------------------|      | --Pink wire (HOT) 12 v

description of circuit for courtesy light 67 charger:
The white wire going back toward the steering wheel has to be hot to pick up 12 volts (I didn't trace that wire back to see where it picks 12 volts up, but it probably gets 12 volts at the glove box lamp)   The 12 volts goes to the light so now it needs ground on the other wire of the light to make it burn brightly.   The other wire is labeled 2b20529 AAWM and that wire goes to a black female connnector where it meets up with another white wire.   The bottom of that connector is a yellow wire that takes off and goes behind the right side kick panel where it goes into a male connector with two pins in the connector.   The yellow wire meets up with another yellow wire on one pin of the connector and on the female side of the connector that yellow wire goes to the door jam switch.   The other pin of the male connector has a pink wire on it and if you look at the wiring diagram, you will find that pink wire is hot all the time with 12 volts.   That Pink wire and one of the yellow wires are taped up in the same harness and goes under the carpet to some unknown location and probably the right side rear courtesy light.
  I hope you can make out this drawing.   It would probably help to print it out and re-draw it so that you can get the jest of my thoughts.   I don't have a scanner where I could draw it out and scan it for yaw.

~ 67RedCharger ~
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

Ghoste

Don, once again I can't thank you enough.   :notworthy: