News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help me please. Looking for 69 charger roof trim

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 13, 2007, 11:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Hello, Hello.  Just payed for (but don't have) a 69 RT SE. I'm one of those sick puppies that likes everything back to original state.  It does not have the SE vinyl top.  I need the outside stainless trim pieces on the rear fender top.  Anyone have a set or know if there are many "out there" :-\  Many Thanks, Rob.

Thanks for the trim "keepat" that should do it.

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

keepat

Rob,
Good to see you have your Charger! If you are talking about the check molding for the vinyl top? I have a set from car or you can get them new re pro, not sure of the fit?
Pat

y3chargerrt

Rob, Just because its an SE doesn't mean it had a vinyl top. Check the fender tag for the vinyl top code.

Charger-Bodie

i think it looks AWESOME without the vinyl top!!! it also would look good with it but i think id leave it!! :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 13, 2007, 04:06:48 PM
Quote from: y3chargerrt on September 13, 2007, 03:36:41 PM
Rob, Just because its an SE doesn't mean it had a vinyl top. Check the fender tag for the vinyl top code.

It has the black vinyl top code, and my understanding was that wood grain dash and vinyl top were part of the SE package?

Nope.  The vinyl top was still optional with the SE package & not part of it.

Please register your car if you haven't already & check out the site!

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

keepat

Rob,
The trim I have looks good, one is a 8 out of 10 and the other is a 7, If you need them just PM me your address and I will send them to you and if you like them just pay me what you think is a fair price! :shruggy: I don't need them and they will just collect dust here!
Pat

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: keepat on September 13, 2007, 07:49:44 PM
Rob,
The trim I have looks good, one is a 8 out of 10 and the other is a 7, If you need them just PM me your address and I will send them to you and if you like them just pay me what you think is a fair price! :shruggy: I don't need them and they will just collect dust here!
Pat
Wow, o.k Thanks.  Is there a way to email you otherwise so I  don't post my address all over the internet? :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

keepat

Just click on Keepat top left and you will see my email

twolanes

hi guys from wet and windy england, what are the long stainless trim bits called in the piccs?, im after the clips that hold them on, and can anyone tell me where to get them (year 1 show clips but dont say what size i need). sorry for the thread hijack and thanks.

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Mike DC

If the holes aren't there, then think twice about adding these things back onto the car. 

The factory's mounting holes were a great source of water getting into the trunk area & starting the rusting process. 

chargerman68

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 24, 2007, 05:47:52 PM

If the holes aren't there, then think twice about adding these things back onto the car. 

The factory's mounting holes were a great source of water getting into the trunk area & starting the rusting process. 

:iagree:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

y3chargerrt

I would check the data plate first. It will tell you if it came with a vinyl top.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 25, 2007, 07:32:00 AM
Quote from: y3chargerrt on September 25, 2007, 07:26:54 AM
I would check the data plate first. It will tell you if it came with a vinyl top.
Thanks but problem is the tag is a repro.  Some items are on there, some not.  It says Black Vinyl top, but the only way to know for sure is the trim holes unless I find a build sheet and since the rugs seats and headliner were replaced, I don't think I'll find it.  Thanks.

Have you looked inside the trunk  area to see if the holes have been welded shut? I personally think the Charger looks awesome. I too am an OEM guy, but all that orange and black interior looks great..... Like Chris said, vinyl tops were not standard, even on SE's.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 25, 2007, 11:22:37 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on September 25, 2007, 11:12:45 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 25, 2007, 07:32:00 AM
Quote from: y3chargerrt on September 25, 2007, 07:26:54 AM
Thanks but problem is the tag is a repro.  Some items are on there, some not.  It says Black Vinyl top, but the only way to know for sure is the trim holes unless I find a build sheet and since the rugs seats and headliner were replaced, I don't think I'll find it.  Thanks.

Have you looked inside the trunk  area to see if the holes have been welded shut? I personally think the Charger looks awesome. I too am an OEM guy, but all that orange and black interior looks great..... Like Chris said, vinyl tops were not standard, even on SE's.......
Just got the car and I'm not sure how I feel.  I'm going to force myself to keep it until spring and then make a decision. If I can get back the 29,500.00 I paid, I may bail before putting to much in it.  I looked and yes it did have a vinyl top.  Thanks.

Keep me in mind, if I sell my '68, I may be interested..  ;D  Love the color with the magnums.. Is it an a/c car?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

keepat

Just got the car and I'm not sure how I feel.  I'm going to force myself to keep it until spring and then make a decision. If I can get back the 29,500.00 I paid, I may bail before putting to much in it.  I looked and yes it did have a vinyl top.  Thanks

Rob,
I have the trim boxed up do you still need it? I can ship it out Wednesday :shruggy:
Pat

Charger-Bodie

Just got the car and I'm not sure how I feel.  I'm going to force myself to keep it until spring and then make a decision. If I can get back the 29,500.00 I paid, I may bail before putting to much in it.  I looked and yes it did have a vinyl top.  Thanks.
why are you thinking on bailing? is the car not as nice as you hoped or is it just the options not matching the codes or?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 25, 2007, 11:22:37 AM

I had a feeling you might feel that way..... :rotz:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

keepat

keepat

Rob, Is the car rust free? If so a clean SE R/T charger at 29k sounds fair. What is it that you are unhappy with?
Pat

keepat

Your words (Wanted one since 1969, stood in the Dodge showroom as a 13 year old kid) Lifes to short it's only money! Change the gears in the rear and go cruising! 

Chatt69chgr

That color is just awesome.  What is the color and is it a stock color?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: keepat on September 25, 2007, 09:08:38 PM
Your words (Wanted one since 1969, stood in the Dodge showroom as a 13 year old kid) Lifes to short it's only money! Change the gears in the rear and go cruising! 
Thats why I need to chill.  My wife said the same thing.  I'm real anal for detail, and one of my favorite things on the Charger is the grille.  Well, its been sprayed black.  I'm sure after I clean it up and detail it, that will make a big difference.  Thanks for your support.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on September 25, 2007, 09:09:21 PM
That color is just awesome.  What is the color and is it a stock color?
A nice light Yellow.  Y2.