News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help me please. Looking for 69 charger roof trim

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 13, 2007, 11:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Quote from: keepat on September 25, 2007, 08:38:09 PM
Rob, Is the car rust free? If so a clean SE R/T charger at 29k sounds fair.
Pat

True, but without a real fender tag, how do you know it was even an SE to begin with? Personally, I would never touch a car without a real tag unless I was doing a modified car. That car was hanging around 14K before the buy it now option was used. It was probably not going to climb over 22 or 23K because of that tag. Just my  :Twocents:  Good Luck with the car though. I mean no disrespect by my comments. I think honest opinions are what you were looking for.

On another note, my friend owned a '73 Vette for about 5 days, and in that short amount of time he was sold on it and now wants one for keeps. I'm worried about driving one myself. I may never go back to Mopar.  ;)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Chris G. on September 26, 2007, 08:16:57 AM
Quote from: keepat on September 25, 2007, 08:38:09 PM
Rob, Is the car rust free? If so a clean SE R/T charger at 29k sounds fair.
Pat

True, but without a real fender tag, how do you know it was even an SE to begin with? Personally, I would never touch a car without a real tag unless I was doing a modified car. That car was hanging around 14K before the buy it now option was used. It was probably not going to climb over 22 or 23K because of that tag. Just my  :Twocents:  Good Luck with the car though. I mean no disrespect by my comments. I think honest opinions are what you were looking for.

On another note, my friend owned a '73 Vette for about 5 days, and in that short amount of time he was sold on it and now wants one for keeps. I'm worried about driving one myself. I may never go back to Mopar.  ;)

If you don't mind "falling out" of the door since it sits so low.. I've driven a LS-6 4speed '71 'Vette once and then drove the 4speed Hemi 'Cuda the next day.. Sure, the 'Vette handled great, but I liked the slightly higher stance of the 'Cuda...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 26, 2007, 02:57:52 PM
Quote from: Chatt69chgr on September 25, 2007, 09:09:21 PM
That color is just awesome.  What is the color and is it a stock color?
I'm surprised everyone likes that color so much, to me it looked like the General Lee color.  It's Hugger orange, chevy color.
Well hello to all.  Hear are a few pictures.  I took it for a ride after work and I must admit, I felt real cool cruising in the bad boy.  Lots to adj and fix up, but what a cool car the 69 Charger is.  I think I'll keep it. :laugh:   One picture is of the black painted front end that I dislike very much.  I call that the black hole.  Thanks for all your help.  Hey not for nuttin, I service and fix :callme: elevators all day long, any elevator/escalator guys or girls out there?  Rob.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

poppa

If your worried about $$$ then maybe you should sell it and put your money in a  money market.You seem to be missing the point of old muscle cars...
And , I'm not trying to be a smart ass. Just my  :Twocents: Yeah , I know.....I'm waiting for it .  :popcrn:
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: poppa on September 26, 2007, 08:37:23 PM
If your worried about $$$ then maybe you should sell it and put your money in a  money market.You seem to be missing the point of old muscle cars...
And , I'm not trying to be a smart ass. Just my  :Twocents: Yeah , I know.....I'm waiting for it .  :popcrn:
Nope, I've been dealing with Muscle cars for over 35 years.  I just try to make sure I make good deals.  So far so good.  The one car I lost money on was a 69 396 Camaro Indy pace car. I did a frame off restoration, made magazines, and even reproduced the Indy flags off the back just like the original.  I had 25,000 in parts in that car back in 84 and sold it for 17,500.00.  Outside of that loss,  I try to buy cars that I can get my money back on.  I also have a wife to answer too and 3 kids and lots of bills.   I feel I'm lucky to be able to even have a Muscle car, I just don't want to pour money and time into it and regret it.  I've already made up my mind to restore it further and enjoy it, and if I do not recoup all my funds, Oh well.  See thats why I sold that beautiful Corvette, I would always tell people, I'm not a vette guy, I'm a muscle car guy that likes vettes.  It just never hit my soul.  Now Gm guy or not, I see a Mopar, like the challenger conv I passed the other day and I'm thinking about that car all day.  I've been thinking about 69 Chargers since 69.  I'm thrilled to have one, I apologize to all my new Mopar friends for actually thinking of bailing.  If only you knew what I've been through to get this car, starting with Bank America losing my money, but its past me now, I waxed it today, tomorrow I change the antifreeze, and then I have about 100 items coming my way in the mail.    I gotta laugh, all this started from "anyone have any roof trim?"  :laugh:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

HITMAN 149

Quote from: keepat on September 13, 2007, 07:49:44 PM
Rob,
The trim I have looks good, one is a 8 out of 10 and the other is a 7, If you need them just PM me your address and I will send them to you and if you like them just pay me what you think is a fair price! :shruggy: I don't need them and they will just collect dust here!
Pat
geee pat, howbout you send me your car.... and if i like it, i'll pay you what i think is a fair price!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!!!
:nana:
-JOHN
hey rob...
nice looking ride man!!! even though i'm partial to 68's!!! LOL but i LOVE the black grill!!!!!!!!! gonna black out my 68 grill.
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

keepat

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on September 26, 2007, 09:31:22 PM
Rob,
The trim I have looks good, one is a 8 out of 10 and the other is a 7, If you need them just PM me your address and I will send them to you and if you like them just pay me what you think is a fair price! :shruggy: I don't need them and they will just collect dust here!
Pat
geee pat, howbout you send me your car.... and if i like it, i'll pay you what i think is a fair price!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!!!
-JOHN
The Charger doesn't collect dust! Yet!

70charger_boy

Rob,
Pat
-JOHN

:iagree:  Pat you can give me your car

and 1969chargerrtse  That is one sweet ride.  You need to chill out and enjoy it man.  Worry about all the small stuff that needs attention in the winter.  Go out and drive that beast.  I wish my ride was that nice and I think you got one hell of a deal

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 26, 2007, 09:43:06 PM
Rob,
Pat
-JOHN

:iagree:  Pat you can give me your car

and 1969chargerrtse  That is one sweet ride.  You need to chill out and enjoy it man.  Worry about all the small stuff that needs attention in the winter.  Go out and drive that beast.  I wish my ride was that nice and I think you got one hell of a deal
Thanks John, I'm chilin, I'm chillin :yesnod:

69 OUR/TEA

1969chargerrtse,going to LVD sat for the mopar show?Since you're in CT ,not to far.From where ou're at ,makes anice drive up rt.8.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on September 27, 2007, 04:58:31 PM
1969chargerrtse,going to LVD sat for the mopar show?Since you're in CT ,not to far.From where ou're at ,makes anice drive up rt.8.
Not sure where LVD is but, I'm on call (fixing elevators) this SAt and Sun.  Thanks for mentioning it though.  Plus I need to change these gears.  Newest issue is it runs hot. I put a new thermostat in it 160* but it already had a 160*.  It runs normal for about 15 mins, then starts creeping up?  If i let it sit and idle , it creeps up.  If I run it down the road it cools down some what maybe 1/2 way across the temp gauge.  It doesn't have a shroud, but it pulls strong air and still is hot while driving.  Ya think headgasket?  Maybe a combustion chamber is leaking in to the water?  I put new antifreeze in it.  It looked like rusty water before I did the change.  The whole radiator feels hot so I believe its flowing fine?  Any ideas?  When I get my new gears one day, will have to meet, your not far from me. Thanks, Rob.

70charger_boy

Check the lower radiator hose.  The spring inside the hose usually rusts up.

Where is the show in CT?  I would go

70charger_boy

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 27, 2007, 06:13:07 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 27, 2007, 05:52:57 PM
Check the lower radiator hose.  The spring inside the hose usually rusts up.

Where is the show in CT?  I would go
  I'll check that, but I think the heat problem is probably a gasket.  I'll just add that to the list.  This car is like a cute baby, lots of work but great to look at.  You got me where the show is?   What town you from, I'm in Bethany.

:smilielol: :smilielol:

I live in Warwick, RI.  Use to live in Groton, CT Here is a link for the car show
http://www.gforceonline.com/show7.htm

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thats when you need the shroud, to channel all the air through the radiator.   Finding a used Sure-Grip 3.23 rear shouldnt be that hard...I'd step it up to at least a 3.55 though.

Posi is a GM term my man.....you're in a different league now...learn the lingo!  ;)   :nana:  :slap:  :smilielol:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T