News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Window Chrome Trim - 68-70 Chargers

Started by AdamMopar, September 17, 2007, 10:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamMopar

Does anyone know if anyone is currently planning to reporduce this trim?  As far as I know no one is at this point.

Mine got a pretty rough treatment getting the rear window out due to the fact the previous owner glued it on with urethane adhesive when the window was replaced.

I really need to come up with a set for when I finish fitting the sheetmetal around my rear window to make sure it's going to fit.

Thanks, Adam

rrockchrger

I sent out a few emails with this same question to different distributors of mopar parts a few weeks ago.  I got one response from CHARGER SPECIALTIES:

hi,

We have thought of it, and have started CAD work,, it will take time though.

Thanks
Charger Spec

So how ever long that means...

AdamMopar

Thanks, that at least gives me something to think about.  I've waited 2+ years for fenders I can probably wait ahwhile for this.

Thanks, Adam

Lord Warlock

damn, was hoping someone made them already.  The one piece that i can't locate right now is the lower passenger side corner piece of the rear window.  I got all the other pieces cleaned up and reinstalled just to verify i had all the parts.  I gotta find the little corner piece, i know i didn't toss it. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

darrin75

I have some pieces from the rear window?  Interested
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

Lord Warlock

Can't jump out and buy something when i suspect it is hiding under a pile of interior parts sitting on the back seat right now.  Or in a tool box.  Overall i can't complain all the trim has been off the car for a decade and managed to keep track of everything else.  I was shocked to see it all clean off so neat, only a couple dings to work out. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

AdamMopar

I was hoping to wait for reporductions.  May have to buy some used ones however.  Adam

69hemi

Sorry, but why would you want to use anything reproduction when there are original still available?  If anybody can tell me of any repop piece that looks, fits and performs like an original I would love to know.  Since almost all the trim on a Charger is stainless steel, making them looks like new hardly costs a thing.  All you need to do is make sure it is straight and then polish the stainless.  A little elbow grease and some time and the trim will look like new and fit like the original ones did because it is.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Lord Warlock

Now that you brought that up, which pieces of trim are stainless, and which are chrome?  I have one spot of flaking chrome, along the drivers vent window, so i know some of it is chrome.  While stainless doesn't mind sandpaper, chrome does.  Also is there a recommended way to take the small dings or dents out?  I had a magazine article saved that showed how, but with 15 more years of crap accumulation hiding it, its easier to ask. 

69hemi

The front part of the vent window is chrome and the rear edge is stainless the Check Mark trim , if you have a vinyl roof, is chrome, the outside mirors and tail light trim are also chrome but the majority of the rest is stainless.  The best way to get out little dings and dents is to use a bory hammer and some dollys to level it until it is very clost then block the dented area with 220 then 400,600,800 & 1200 then start the buffing.  I used a buffer from Harbor freight fo $59.00 and got the wheels and polish from Eastwood. 
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

AdamMopar

Very true, but it's difficult knowing exactly what you are getting used if you don't see it in person.

At least with the reproduction if worse comes to worse I can return it.  I'm very familiar with reproduction sheetmetal and have had fit issues with it.  At least with it I can fix it, trim I wouldn't really have that option.

Thanks for the help.  Adam

69hemi

1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram