News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger R/T with stripe and V88 Chrome emblems,would you??

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 21, 2007, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Hi guys. My car had the stripe painted on the side and cleared along with the body color.  I can either buy a stripe kit and pray to the Gods that it covers all of the stripe and smaller stripes exact and then have color sprayed behind where the R/T would be cut out, or I can add the v88 chrome side emblems.  If the stripe kit does not cover the stripe I have no choice.  What would you do?  At first I thought I couldn't do that, but I have seen several high end cars with stripes and emblems vs the cut out in the stripe.  The R/T that is there now is a sticker and has to come off anyway as it's way to high on the fender.  Any thoughts?? :eyes:

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Joshua

Do you have a top view of the trunk???
The factory stripe is not straight...it has a V in it.....in your pic it looks straight.... A decal wouldn't cover exactly....
Adding just the emblem would be easiest.......

Personally, I'd carefully sand off the painted stripe and reclear and go with the factory stripe.......NO emblem.......the emblems look "added on"....a big "pimple" on the ass (so to speak)...... :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Joshua on September 21, 2007, 05:52:25 PM
Do you have a top view of the trunk???
The factory stripe is not straight...it has a V in it.....in your pic it looks straight.... A decal wouldn't cover exactly....
Adding just the emblem would be easiest.......

Personally, I'd carefully sand off the painted stripe and re clear and go with the factory stripe.......NO emblem.......the emblems look "added on"....a big "pimple" on the ass (so to speak)...... :Twocents:

I don't even have the car!  Yea I saw a picture looking down and it looks V'D but then again, not by much.  Point is, ain't no way that tape stripe is going to be exact over some guys random paint job.  I agree the emblems do stick out a bit, but I still think it's better than whats there.  As for sanding clear and then color and then blending, I don't think that would work well.  If I saw anything "off" it would bug me forever.  Thanks for your input. :laugh:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on September 21, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
Personally, I don't mind the way it looks right now.  :Twocents: :shruggy:
I hear ya, and thanks for all your nice comments.  I just did a check on where it is.  It's two hours away in NJ.  Due date is now been extended to Oct 2nd.  I have to call them and run down and grab it, I'm not waiting over a week for a 2 hour trip.   Go figure ::)  The company DAS has GPS on the truck so I can check on it.  I have no idea as I bought it site unseen.  Yes, I was that desperate.  I had been looking and looking and actually just gave up and said I'll never find an RT under 30K in semi restored shape.  And along came this car on ebay, and BAME :2thumbs: I bought it.  Sure hope there are few regrets :eek2:

hemi68charger

Car looks super straight...  You do have an awkward situation.. I would see if the decal would cover it, but if the stripe over the top of the trunk is painted straight, you're screwed because the factory stripe follows the trunk lip lines...... I personally don't like the combination of the emblem/badge with the stripe, it should, to me, be  one or the other....... But, alas, it's your car........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection