News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Missed a runner in the paper....

Started by supserdave, September 13, 2007, 05:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supserdave

This was in the paper today.........".PLYMOUTH 1971 ROADRUNNER 340 cu. in. 750 CFM with high rise intake manifold, best offer above $2,000. "

Just called the guy, he was the original owner! To bad its already sold. Supposedly it had some rust in the fenders and quarters, but was complete and ran and drove.

Mean 318

:brickwall:
Its OK, 68 charger 318, white W/ black top black interior... original owner, almost no rust... 1500.... Buddy saw it in the paper and couldn't afford it.... never bothered to call  :slap:

supserdave

:brickwall:  Maybe I should rename the post, deals you missed out on....

Mean 318

Beats the hell out of deals we were too stupid to take! :icon_smile_blackeye:

Joshua

Quote from: Mean 318 on September 13, 2007, 05:31:00 PM
Beats the hell out of deals we were too stupid to take! :icon_smile_blackeye:
1969 Charger.....no eng/trans, rough body, nice hood/grill......coulda been saved....$500
1969 Charger, 383, AT, munched 1/4 panel, coulda been saved too...at auction...I bid it up to $375...all I had...went for $525.....
1970 Super Bee...no eng/trans/interior, rusted lower 1/4s, rusty floors.....came with patch panels and a 440, had the Ramcharger hood...$400.. :brickwall: I woulda bought if I had a place to park it at the time :-\....

dukeboy_318

Passed up on a 1970 AAR 340 cuda, motor and trans in car, body had only surface rust.  Guy wanted 500 doolars, yeah i was stupid and yound 16 at the time, now i'm kicking myself :brickwall:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Goldfinger71

I think what SuperDave is saying is it is cool to find cars for good deals in today's times. :yesnod:

We all have passed up deals back in the day!.......Back then they were not always deals but we compare them to todays money standards and think they were! :Twocents:

500 dollars back in the day is like 5000 dollars in today's money. IMO :angel:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

The70RT

I missed a 69 Torino 351 fastback for a grand a few months ago. I was the 3rd caller on a sat morning around 7. I got over there and it was still there at 730. There was a lady in a car sitting on the street by the driveway but she wasn't getting out. It didn't have any visable rust and paint was decent. Interior was original and looked great. I was thinking sold .....i was so right a guy came out and said exuse me with a shit eating grin and said your too late and got in with the lady and left. The owner was like 70 and said he went to get the money he wants it. I said I have the money now and he said he already agreed on it with the other guy. :slap:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Joshua

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on September 13, 2007, 10:29:41 PM
500 dollars back in the day is like 5000 dollars in today's money. IMO :angel:

The cars I listed were 2-4 years ago........ :o ;)

Ghoste

Which goes to prove that there are still some deals out there.  :2thumbs:

supserdave

My point exactly. Proves that if you do your homework and read the paper before 5 p.m. :brickwall:

Ah well, not like we have a shortage of projects at our place...... ;)

Ghoste

And phone before the roosters are up...

68chrgrwife

we missed a 66 dart for $500 the other day too.  I called and said it had sold a few hrs. earlier...the thing looked pretty good on craig's list...I think all it neede was an engine and hubby's got a buddy with a 440 just sitting around.....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Ghoste

A 68 Charger, you and now a buddy with a 440 just sitting around?  Man he's about got it all doesn't he?  :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

I looked in the paper one day last year, "1969 Charger, good driving condition $2000". My dad phoned, turns out, they messed up the ad. It was actually a 1989 Ram Charger :slap:. Theres a 72 Demon in the paper here for $6500 obo. Its driving condition. Blue, rust free.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

68chrgrwife

yeah and a 71 charger to be in driveway soon too.  n he looking at doing a daytona clone and I think I'll let him!!!!  and help!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Ghoste

I'd make some comment about do you have a sister or can you get that essence of you distilled into a vitamin I could slip into my little brides morning coffee but I think if had a spouse as supportive as you are, we'd have no money left for a place to live.  ;)

68chrgrwife

nope no sisters that I know about, but then again I don't know my real dad......yeah I am supportive, but I am also realistic...I keep a budget for our life...extra $$ is for parts/cars etc.  if we have no extra a month guess what u get nothing.....I don't hestitate to say, "sorry maybe next month or next year".  I really couldn't say no to the71 though...it is for me and he got it for $500.  He got his 68 for $3,500 5 years ago and it ran......we have put close to $18,000 into.  but like I said over a 5 1/2 year period.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

The70RT

Quote from: Ghoste on September 14, 2007, 12:43:22 PM
I'd make some comment about do you have a sister or can you get that essence of you distilled into a vitamin I could slip into my little brides morning coffee but I think if had a spouse as supportive as you are, we'd have no money left for a place to live.  ;)

No Ghoste. You just gotta be sure THEY make lots of money then you have more spending money :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

She makes twice what I do and I'm still broke.  :shruggy: :'( :icon_smile_wink: