News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

windshield and rear window-3rd gen

Started by andy74, September 26, 2005, 09:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

can i pull the windows out and have them re glued in?or should i start looking for new ones?both have small leaks,the windshield at the top,and the rear window at the lower passenger side corner-what should i do?

TruckDriver

Long as the windows are not cracked, you should be able to just take your car to a winshield place and have them reseal them.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bohog

You can purchase the ribbon sealer from Autozone. I think I paid around $25.00 for it.

NHCharger

I don't think they make glass for the rear window any more. Sounds like you need to pull both, dig out all the old shit and put some new seals in there. I pulled my rear window on my 72 last winter. Had two leaks, both on the bottom. I can post some pics of the process if you want.
If your going to pay a pro to do it make sure they agree to replace the window if they crack it.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twilt

The probability of cracking the front one during removal  is high, especially if you lack patience and a helper.