News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which is the Best Car Wax to use?

Started by yves, September 15, 2007, 10:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yves

I am trying to determent which is the best car wax to use? As anyone has any experience with these two car waxes? The first one is 5 Star Shine and the other one is the Liquid Wax by Wicked Products. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Yves

Ghoste

You are likely to get as many different answers as you do responses.  With the number of products out there it seems like everyone has their favorite.  Personally, I use plain old Meguiars stuff but I'm always willing to try something new.  I haven't heard of either one of the products you have mentioned.  This of course, doesn't answer your question but it may well end up that you have to try each of them to decide which one is really the right one for you.

Charger-Bodie

i was turned on to this stuff by Chris(Just 6T9_CHGR....) and the stuff is awesome!!
http://www.zainostore.com/
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

resq302

I like the Meguiars Yellow #26 wax as a paste over the liquid.  I have found the liquid gets into cracks and door jambs to easily then it is a pain to clean up.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

yves

Quote from: 1hot68 on September 15, 2007, 11:10:38 AM
i was turned on to this stuff by Chris(Just 6T9_CHGR....) and the stuff is awesome!!
http://www.zainostore.com/

Thanks, I will check it out.

bill440rt

Wow! Nice car!  :2thumbs:

Right now, I'm using Collinite's Fleetwax paste. This is basically pure carnauba wax. It goes on very thin, and almost "melts" across the surface as it flashes before you wipe it off. 3M's Show Car Wax Paste is about the same thing, Griot's Garage Carnauba Wax is also a very similar product. Your paint MUST be perfect, free from swirls or scratches. Save yourself an afternoon for this type of job. I also like to use this on chrome because it contains NO abrasives. Chrome is actually very soft & scratches easily. I will sometimes use 3M's Liquid Polish on paint before I apply the wax. It is a mild, white liquid polish.
For door jambs etc, I've been using Malco's Flash Wax liquid with Teflon. This goes on smooth, & comes off in literally one swipe with NO effort. It works good on chrome & metal trim also.

I'm not a big fan of Liquid Glass. It is more of a paint "sealant" than a wax. It also contains abrasives.
For my daily driver truck, a great wax I've discovered is Meguiar's Tech Wax. Great stuff!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

I use Zaino Bros stuff like 1hot68 said....it will do nicely on that orange car you have there ;)

That Malco stuff that Bill is referring to above is awesome on chrome bumpers :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

I just recieved my 3rd order in 4 years of Zaino wax products, I love them I wash and put on 3 coats of wax in the spring then I alternate the product for between waxing and the ultimate shine inhanser between shows.  I would recommend to anyone!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

71ChallengeHer

bandit67

IMO.........the BEST wax is not to use a wax.........I use a product called First Finish made by the company Liquid Tech. You can't buy it in a store anywhere.  At the larger car shows there will be someone there selling the stuff.....or you can find someone on line who has it. Some will say it does miracles.........not sure about that, but it has amazed me.  If you ever get a chance to have this product demonstrated to you , as it should, you will try it........and be surprised by it.  I am not a dealer or connected to a dealer in any way , but , do recommend it to everyone.

69chargerboy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on September 15, 2007, 08:36:50 PM
I use Liquid Glass. I love it. :2thumbs:

Me too. It's a phenomenal polish. I use typically use Maguires Professional  fine cut cleaner, then Liquid Glass and finish off with either Maguires Polymer Sealant or 3m's Perfect it show car wax. Another really good and easy to use wax is Jax Wax.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10