News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

On the road again.....C-500 changes hands (Pics inside)

Started by firefighter3931, September 26, 2005, 03:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Hey Gang,

Last fall there was a 69 Charger 500 that was listed on e-bay that was local to this area. There was some controversy surrounding the car because it was claimed to be a true survivor. Well.....last week a friend got called to haul a muscle car to upstate NY and guess what he saw when he pulled up !  :o He snapped some pics of the car on his rollback before hitting the road. The car has some obvious paintwork according to him but is in overall excellent shape. The engine was rebuilt by noted SS hemi guru Don Macullum and is reportedly pushing 600 ponies. Enjoy the pics !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet!! Any chance he got the VIN/tag info for the registry?   ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 26, 2005, 03:24:15 PM
Sweet!! Any chance he got the VIN/tag info for the registry?   ;)

Hi Chris, i assumed this one was allready in the registry ? The interesting thing about this car is that the title show's the Volo museum as the last registered owner and it has changed hands a few times since then. I'll ask my buddy for more info and let you know.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chris G.

Sweet car Ron!

I haven't seen an ESSO station in years. I'm glad I got my coffee crisps in the mail today. You guys know I need my Canadian fix. :icon_smile_big:

VOLO?... :-X

CB

Holy Moses looking one you always want to have but you will never own.
Thanks for sharing.

ps yea I heared it too, VOLO is bad news.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

firefighter3931

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on September 26, 2005, 04:10:21 PM
Sweet car Ron!

I haven't seen an ESSO station in years. I'm glad I got my coffee crisps in the mail today. You guys know I need my Canadian fix. :icon_smile_big:

VOLO?... :-X

What's the deal with VOLO.....edumacate me here ! Guess i've been too busy hotrodding stuff to keep abreast of the latest gossip...or maybe it's old news.   ???

Ron

Ps. Chris, there are lots of Esso stations up here....maybe it's time for a roadtrip with burnt orange back to native soil  :lol:

Charger Aficionado

Those are the "Correct" wide sill mouldings for a C500 (the Ribbed ones)...   I have an NOS set, they were also used on a '68 Coronet (along with the flat grilles)...   
  This 4-dr one measured the same as my 2-door set:   

**Inactive Link Removed**

allthought it had different part numbers.   (I paid frikin' over 5x that for mine.   

Stormhammer

oOo

who cares about paintwork

its still a C-500 one way or another  :icon_smile_approve:

cudaken

Should have Hi Jacked the roll back to your house. Insuranes would have covred the cost of the 500.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Charger_Fan

Sure is a clean car.
How far did he haul it? I'd be pretty nervous staying the night somewhere while it was on my truck.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

If I"m not mistaken that looks like car XX29J9B238092

I believe that I already sent in the information on that car when it was listed for sale last year. I think at the time they were wanting $170K for the car and it has like 36,000 miles on the car. The argument was whether or not it was a true survivor and from I can tell it isn't. It has had a repaint according to an older owner who says he had the car painted.

SeattleCharger

There was a '69 Charger 500 in Olympia about five years ago that the guy said he would sell for 18K, I have a pic of it, it was in a pic someone posted a ways back of a D-C.com Charger show, red and white with the big '69 on the door.     Wish I had the 18K back then.  

NIce CAR.  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

As Re: Volo,
   Johnny AKA Formula 440, has a horror story about a charger he went there to see this time last yr..  :flame:
I'd ask him the particulars..

Shakey

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 26, 2005, 03:06:11 PM
Hey Gang,

Last fall there was a 69 Charger 500 that was listed on e-bay that was local to this area. There was some controversy surrounding the car because it was claimed to be a true survivor. Well.....last week a friend got called to haul a muscle car to upstate NY and guess what he saw when he pulled up !   :o He snapped some pics of the car on his rollback before hitting the road. The car has some obvious paintwork according to him but is in overall excellent shape. The engine was rebuilt by noted SS hemi guru Don Macullum and is reportedly pushing 600 ponies. Enjoy the pics !

Ron

I remember this car and the controversy about whether or not it was a true survivor with paint deal and all.

Question:

What are we looking at in photo # 6?   What is that "hump or bump" underneath the car?

I see the owner threw in the original painted steel wheels - that was nice of him!

Shakey

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 26, 2005, 07:03:18 PM
Sure is a clean car.
How far did he haul it? I'd be pretty nervous staying the night somewhere while it was on my truck.

Ottawa, ON - Upstate, NY = not too far.  Without knowing where it is going it wouldn't be that far, at the very, very most - 8 hours or 12 beers, whatever comes first.  :cheers:

SuBLimE 69

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Shakey

Quote from: Stratocharger on September 26, 2005, 08:13:02 PM
    Johnny AKA Formula 440, has a horror story about a charger he went there to see this time last yr..   :flame:

I recall this story also.  He went with Troy from Houston, TX (hemi68charger) - correct?

SeattleCharger

I found the pic I took of the '69 Charger500 in Olympia about five years ago.   The guy said he would sell it for 18K, that it was rare.  I wish I had the money then, sounds like it might have been a good deal.  At least a good deal.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Shakey on September 26, 2005, 09:52:47 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 26, 2005, 03:06:11 PM
Hey Gang,

Last fall there was a 69 Charger 500 that was listed on e-bay that was local to this area. There was some controversy surrounding the car because it was claimed to be a true survivor. Well.....last week a friend got called to haul a muscle car to upstate NY and guess what he saw when he pulled up !   :o He snapped some pics of the car on his rollback before hitting the road. The car has some obvious paintwork according to him but is in overall excellent shape. The engine was rebuilt by noted SS hemi guru Don Macullum and is reportedly pushing 600 ponies. Enjoy the pics !

Ron

I remember this car and the controversy about whether or not it was a true survivor with paint deal and all.

Question:

What are we looking at in photo # 6?   What is that "hump or bump" underneath the car?

I see the owner threw in the original painted steel wheels - that was nice of him!

Hi Mike, that hump is a torque box if i'm not mistaken. Yes, the original steel wheels went along with the car. The engine is supposed to be numbers matching as well. The car went about 5hrs south of here.   ;)

Ron

PocketThunder

Quote from: Shakey on September 26, 2005, 10:14:41 PM
    Johnny AKA Formula 440, has a horror story about a charger he went there to see this time last yr..   :flame:

I recall this story also.   He went with Troy from Houston, TX (hemi68charger) - correct?

Yes.  It was a silver 68 and the guys at the Volo Auto Museum said it was an original sheet metal car but hemi68charger (Troy) could tell that a quarter panel had been replaced.  And he advised formula440 to walk.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on September 26, 2005, 10:38:13 PM
I found the pic I took of the '69 Charger500 in Olympia about five years ago. The guy said he would sell it for 18K, that it was rare. I wish I had the money then, sounds like it might have been a good deal. At least a good deal.

Damn.  If that is a true nostalgic-type race car... wow.  That could be worth ALOT.  Looks Cool.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on September 26, 2005, 11:16:58 PM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on September 26, 2005, 10:38:13 PM
I found the pic I took of the '69 Charger500 in Olympia about five years ago. The guy said he would sell it for 18K, that it was rare. I wish I had the money then, sounds like it might have been a good deal. At least a good deal.

Damn.   If that is a true nostalgic-type race car... wow.   That could be worth ALOT.   Looks Cool.

I think it was just a cool paint job.   I like the numbers on the door and the dodge decal, and the stickers around the front fender, ya, it looked pretty dang cool.   Has the old cop style rims and hubcaps, don't know what those style are called.   It does kind of look like a stockcar racecar.  He said there were only five hundred of them made, if that means anything.

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 26, 2005, 10:40:21 PM
Quote from: Shakey on September 26, 2005, 10:14:41 PM
   Johnny AKA Formula 440, has a horror story about a charger he went there to see this time last yr..  :flame:

I recall this story also.  He went with Troy from Houston, TX (hemi68charger) - correct?

Yes.  It was a silver 68 and the guys at the Volo Auto Museum said it was an original sheet metal car but hemi68charger (Troy) could tell that a quarter panel had been replaced.  And he advised formula440 to walk.

Yeap, I did........ 

That's a mean looking C500, and a HEMI too boot......... creamin' myself.....  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69_500 on September 26, 2005, 07:20:54 PM

I believe that I already sent in the information on that car when it was listed for sale last year. I think at the time they were wanting $170K for the car and it has like 36,000 miles on the car. The argument was whether or not it was a true survivor and from I can tell it isn't. It has had a repaint according to an older owner who says he had the car painted.

Just a follow up:

The VIN info is correct. The car sold new for $3889.80 at a Dodge dealership in Fayettville, N.C. on March 21, 1969. Amazing how much it's appreciated over the years.  :o

Ron

Charger_Fan

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 28, 2005, 12:46:31 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on September 26, 2005, 07:20:54 PM

Just a follow up:

The VIN info is correct. The car sold new for $3889.80 at a Dodge dealership in Fayettville, N.C. on March 21, 1969. Amazing how much it's appreciated over the years.   :o

Ron
Yep...I wish I could have convinced the possible money-lenders involved of that when I had a shot at a Daytona back in 1992. ::)
It's probably for the best anyway, I would have never sold it. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Hey Ron, your not one of the origional owners of that 500 are you?

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69_500 on September 28, 2005, 07:49:59 PM

I wish ! Never owned a C-500....way out of my price range  :o

Ron

73rallye440magnum

that car is gorgeous. wow. Pocket Thunder needs to get his going...
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Shakey

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 28, 2005, 08:05:11 PM

I wish ! Never owned a C-500....way out of my price range   :o

Ron

I was always lead to believe that fire fighters made six figures?  Especially in the nations capitol!  ;D

firefighter3931

Quote from: Shakey on September 28, 2005, 11:52:01 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 28, 2005, 08:05:11 PM

I wish ! Never owned a C-500....way out of my price range   :o

Ron

I was always lead to believe that fire fighters made six figures?   Especially in the nations capitol!   ;D

:lol: another "i wish".....Mike, our salary is on par with police.   :P

Ron

PocketThunder

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on September 28, 2005, 08:25:31 PM
that car is gorgeous. wow. Pocket Thunder needs to get his going...

No kidding.  whats taking him so long anyways.....?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

B Bodyman

the car has been in canada for a few years,owned by a dodge dealer,and a fellow with some nice cars,the 500 was "his baby",but times change and thing's happen,and the car has changed hands,as far as I can see the car was well appreciated by the seller and will be honored as the classic that it is by the new owner,,I delivered the car,to another friend in New York,who is 1 awesome collector and restorer of many flavors of cars,I assure you the car is in great hands,and in an awesome stable,it is parked with a 28k mile, black, 1of 28 '68 GTO survivor ,a '27k mile 427-4 speed '67 vette,and numerous other fine cars,including some E bodies.,the new owner is a great guy,and a car guy,the 500 won't be mothballed,in fact he took it for a nice rip when we unloaded it,even tho' it was raining,the hemi sounds awesome,........with his permission, I'm sure he will let chris have all the info for his registry,I don't feel it is fair of me, to disclose that stuff on a public website. I was pissed off one time ,years ago,when I found pictures,of my own salvage yard of mopars, on a now defunct board,as "cars in barns" types pics. So,I know about having your privacy invaded. like I stated,the new owner is a great car guy,and the 500 will be at many shows next season and he's not afraid to melt the back tires off of the thing :icon_smile_evil:,,I'm happy for him,and glad he bought the car,now I gotta' get back to the bodywork on firefighter's 68 slingshot....p.s. yes,the car has 39k documented miles on it,and has it's oem red streak tires and color coded steelies, with all 4 poverty caps,last thing when I left the shop,they were going to put those back on it,tho' it looks tough, with the '67/68 style roadies.