News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is the factory size of the front center dash speaker?

Started by 1st_charger, September 17, 2007, 08:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st_charger

what is the factory size of the front center dash speaker? and where can i get one or something that will fit in its place not real concerned with originality just so it mounts up with out alot of modification! thanks

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

alfanta

I picked one up from radioshack just as a temporary solution. it went in with no problems. My friend had to get 2 4x10 speakers for his delorean and he ordered kickers i think he said. I dont know where he got them though. Im sure crutchfield has what you owuld need.

1st_charger

Chatt69chgr

If you search around on the site you will find a thread that discusses this.  It's a 4X10 and is 8 ohms.  The speakers you get at the local car stereo place are all 4 ohms.  There is a reference in the thread to where you can order the correct speaker for about $35.  This all assumes you are running the original radio.  If aftermarket, then the 4 ohm speaker is the correct one to get.  I have seen numerous articles concerning mounting various aftermarket speaker to the original plate under the dash.  It's mostly a simple mechancal engineering exercise.

keepat

Check with Gruber in AZ (602-863-2655) they have a 8 ohm 4x10 dash speaker and it's a perfect fit and looks original for $17.00 with shipping! :2thumbs:
Pat