News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973/1974 front and rear bumper fillers

Started by rudyjrusa, September 18, 2007, 07:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on June 16, 2008, 10:24:23 PM
My set is not good enough to make a duplicate of. :rotz: :icon_smile_dissapprove:
How do we get info on the fiberglass ones....got link?

http://www.replica-plastics.com/

i thought somebody on this board had all the plans and were ready to reproduce them a year ago - what happened??

I already sent my chrome qtr molding to be reproduced, firewall padding, front splash guards and windshield felts.  They were not available at the time.  Still need to reproduce the front grilles and rear taillight housings. 

ViperRedCharger

Quote from: rudyjrusa on June 16, 2008, 03:16:17 PM
Replica Plastics has made all but the rear center one - they only make them in fiberglass not rubber.   Company located in Alabama.

I talked to Replica Plastics a year ago and he told me he did not see a market for 73/74 Charger Bumper Fillers.  BOY IS HE WRONG!!!!

Rudy,

I think you are talking about Charger Kid, he was looking into making new fillers at one time. 

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: ViperRedCharger on June 17, 2008, 07:20:54 AM
I think you are talking about Charger Kid, he was looking into making new fillers at one time. 

Doesn't look like that is going to happen
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

ViperRedCharger

Does anyone here know someone that works in a Rubber Mold Shop?  With a slow economy maybe someone would take a look at this type of project as a way to fill the empty schedule.  The down side is you could have $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 in tooling costs to make the fillers then you have the cost of a sheetmetal company to stamp out the skeleton of the fillers. The upside is if you sold 100 of them at $500.00 for a 6 piece set you could get your money back pretty quick.

This is a question for all that need Bumper Fillers.  What do you feel is a fair price for all 6 Bumper Fillers?

Fitz73Chrgr

Theres not really much to base a fair price off of.  I'd say my max would be around $200.  There is no way I would pay $500.  For that price I would just find some old ones that are in fair shape and repair them and save quite a bit of money. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

RogerDodger

I went without the bumper fillers. Moved the bumpers in closer to the car with brackets from a 72 for the rear and drilled new holes in the front brackets. I didn't like them anyway.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: RogerDodger on June 18, 2008, 09:58:04 AM
I went without the bumper fillers. Moved the bumpers in closer to the car with brackets from a 72 for the rear and drilled new holes in the front brackets. I didn't like them anyway.

Please post some pic's of this bro'..... :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

RogerDodger

I don't have any close up and all the trim is not back on yet. Try these.

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks ...that looks sweet.
Did you just drill holes in the front bumper brackets?
Did you have a hard time getting the rear bumper brackets to fit?
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Pouria

Hi;
Can anybody guaranty selling at least 50sets of them per month for 12 months in a row? I can offer 188$/set, I have expert friends in China that can make the moulds for me at a friction of the cost in the states and I can do the injection, drilling and assembly in UAE with low labour cost. I do all the investment and can start delivery in three months. The same material, the same shape and the same quality, maybe even better than the original because of the big progress in the quality of raw materials. Is there anybody serious here to help me sell them?

Pouria

BMOTOXSTAR

Between E-Bay, Moparts & DC.COM, you should come close to your quota.  :Twocents:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Pouria on June 18, 2008, 03:48:52 PM
Hi;
Can anybody guaranty selling at least 50sets of them per month for 12 months in a row? I can offer 188$/set, I have expert friends in China that can make the moulds for me at a friction of the cost in the states and I can do the injection, drilling and assembly in UAE with low labour cost. I do all the investment and can start delivery in three months. The same material, the same shape and the same quality, maybe even better than the original because of the big progress in the quality of raw materials. Is there anybody serious here to help me sell them?

Pouria

that would be great - count me in - there are numerous places to sell them - the major car shows would be a great place to show case them.

RogerDodger

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on June 18, 2008, 10:52:55 AM
Thanks ...that looks sweet.
Did you just drill holes in the front bumper brackets?
Did you have a hard time getting the rear bumper brackets to fit?

The front was pretty easy. I did just drill new holes and slide it back closer to the car. The back was easy too after I got some new brackets from a 71 - 72. I just switched the brackets and bolted it up. The gas filler tube had to be loosened up slightly from its bracket too. As you can see I don't have all the trim back on yet but it does look pretty good. I cant decide whether to go with chrome or black trim. I like the look of the black around the painted bumpers.

Pouria

Hi Rudyjrusa;
I do not live in USA and have never been there. Our common point is that I also own a 73 Charger that is missing these fillers as well as many other parts. Can you really help sell? I can make them, really.

Pouria

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Pouria

Yes, any quantity less than this is not worth making the moulds! That's why I need your help.

Charger74SE

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

konigcharger

i'd be interested in a set or two  :yesnod:

why don't you start a thread in the general section, with a poll and see what kind of response you get   :shruggy:

there there has got to be 600 73/74 cars that need these  :Twocents:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: konigcharger on June 25, 2008, 10:44:32 PM
i'd be interested in a set or two  :yesnod:

why don't you start a thread in the general section, with a poll and see what kind of response you get   :shruggy:

there there has got to be 600 73/74 cars that need these  :Twocents:

not sure how to setup a poll??

konigcharger

it would be a good way to judge demand. 

chargerjy9

I believe there to be a demand. people are always coming up to my car and asking if I would be willing to sell those moldings  (because of their pristine condition)or the bright work that surrounds them. I wouldnt mind having a spare set myself.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

doitmopar

Well it seems every 73/74 owner needs at least one set,i need 3 sets .So go for it!!! :popcrn: :popcrn:

Nacho-RT74

if lenses are being reproed, why not fillers ? same cars same demands. And nice used tail lenses are easier to find and cheaper.

OF COURSE, as far they are not made on Gold!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ViperRedCharger

Count me in a Front Filler.  I need one too.  I would even buy a set if needed.

ussdodge

I know we would all like to keep our cars original , Have you thought of eliminating them altogether? I have not attemted this yet, but I think there is room to elongate the mounting holes in the bumper brackets, at the point of the bracket to frame mounts. Although I've been a big fan of the third gen. charger, I've never liked the filler on that car, even way back then. The good side to the change is you would not be cutting off any of the bracket, so if and when the filler portions are reproduced, you can slide the brackets back to the original position! ! ! ! !   Just a thought.... USSDODGE