News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is a cool idea...but for $1,400

Started by 1971SE440, September 19, 2007, 02:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1971SE440

Eastwood's Tilt-A-Car™
Tired of lying on cold concrete to work on the underside of your car: Don't enjoy having dirt and grime fall on you face: Now there's an easier way to work on your vehicle. Work on the underside of any car, truck or mini-van weighing less than 6,800 pounds with Eastwood's Tilt-a-Car™. Tilt-a-Car™ allows you to tilt the vehicle up to a 90 degree angle with safety and ease of using your electric drill to turn the threaded lift screw! Your vehicle mounts as quickly as it would take to mount three tires. The rocker assemblies are made from heavy angle iron and a safety device keeps your vehicle secure in any tilted angle -- only the battery and vehicle fluids need to be removed. Not designed for body-off restorations. Made in the USA.

red72chrgr

Removing the battery and all the fluids would be a pain in the butt. I didn't see any tires and wheels on the car either. I'll stick to a jack and jack stands.
Nothing personal, just business

41husk

For a few hundred more dollars you can get a lift.  I just pulled the engine out of the 70 Challenger.  I don't know how I ever did that kinda work without a lift?  I use the schools and it's a pain getting in after hours.  If my Ceiling was high enough I would have a lift now.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mike DC

Not worth $1400 in my mind.  I could see wanting one from time to time but there are more useful ways to get a car up into the air. 

Full-blown hydraulic lifts are actually pretty cheap for what they are, but you gotta have the ceiling/floor space for it and it has to be permanently mounted where it is.  Those issues are probably limiting the number of backyard enthusiasts with lifts much more than the dollar-cost of the lifts themselves. 

Ghoste

Reminds me of that pic that was floating around teh net a couple of years ago of the pickup on a streetside in Tijuana or somewhere like that, where the guy had it propped up with 2X4's.

sharpspike

check this place out, they have one- cheaper price and looks better built. not sure id like it. bought my rotis from them.

http://www.accessiblesystems.com/etfiles/et.php