News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vinyl top install

Started by Harlow, September 23, 2007, 05:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

Do I trim the vinyl off at the edge of the window channel so that the window will lay on top of the vinyl?

bandit67

Harlow, can you be more specific.  Not sure where you  talking about.  I have not installed a vinyl top on a Charger yet, but have on several different cars, and the vinyl  is usually cut and glued down in the roof and window channels.   My 72 has a full vinyl top and 73 has the half top, I Will check and see if I can figure out where you are referring too.

Harlow

I'm trying to ask in the vinyl comes down into the front windshield and rear window channels so that the vinyl will be under the glass when its laid in.

JrJohnston

Quote from: Harlow on September 24, 2007, 10:59:02 PM
I'm trying to ask in the vinyl comes down into the front windshield and rear window channels so that the vinyl will be under the glass when its laid in.

NO. It is glued and tucked between the glass and body.Do you have the glass out of the car already?
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

Harlow

JrJohnston

Stop the top about an 1/8'' short of where the glass sit's.That's the way I have done them for 19 years now,and I have not seen many with the top under the glass.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim