News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how am I gonna sort this rear window trim?

Started by wreckova68, September 25, 2005, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wreckova68

I need some advice on what to do with this rear window trim situation. The vinyl roof has been taken off my car and the roof sprayed black.   The roof and body paint is good enough to leave for some time but I now want to put on the rear window trim which was in the car (mostly...see second point).

Thing is there are no visible mounting points as all the sides have been caked in some kind of mastic.   Can anyone tell me(1) the right thing to do to get the trim on properly if/when i decide to respray the car and revinyl the roof and (2) is there any other method I could use for now to get the trim on?

Second point - i have the top two and bottom sections which are good enough to re-use, but I dont have the two small bottom corner connectors.   Anyone know the best place I can get them from?

many thanks

Troy

I'm assuming a 68 here...

The rear window trim is help on with clips. The clips are screwed to holes in the window channel. If you don't have any holes then you'll need to figure out where to make them and you'll need some clips to make it all work. Ypou can buy clips at most of the repro places but I really don't know if anyone is making the trim itself. You may need to pick that up used.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

AKcharger

...And the only way to install  the clips is pull the rear glass. I'd take it to a glass shop, have them pull it and then bring it home for the clip installation. Importing thing is mounting position, the spacing isn't as important as HOW DEEP the clips sit in the channel. Too high and it looks wierd, too low and trim will not latch on. try to find the remnents of the old holes for a guide.

Good luck!