News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dressler motors daytona pics

Started by pettybird, September 24, 2007, 11:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

although touched up on the outside, this is a very low mileage survivor car.  I went to look at it with a friend of mine when a friend of his (still following?) was interested in buying it.  I made sure to take pictures of a lot of the original details.   I'm posting the car more as a reference for those who want it.

pettybird

pettybird

pettybird

pettybird

soory they seem random--my friend and I were looking at specific things that day, and my camera was being a pain in the ass. 

WINGR

Great pics, thanks for sharing them with us Pettybird.

WINGR

nascarxx29

Nice pictures Doug .That car was on ebay before.Its in Covington VA.Dressler got it from a dealer in FL.It was visited by Frank Badalson and extremely reference photographed for detail .Its only had it transmission replaced .And missing its buildsheet as I recall.Here is one of a few pages of even more detail pictures

http://wwnboa.org/daytdetails.htm  Dressler daytona

http://wwnboa.org/daytdetpt2.htm
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

that's funny that we both pulled back the hood edge rubber to photograph the rivets...

between the two sets of pics i don't think much was missed.  i'm impressed with some of the paper tags he found, too--I should send these pics on to sue so she can add them if necessary. 

hemi68charger

Did someone say a Daytona was for sale?..  :brickwall:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

YEAH THEY WANT TO TRADE FOR A HEMI CHARGER
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JMF

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2007, 04:10:44 PM
  YEAH THEY WANT TO TRADE FOR A HEMI CHARGER

:rofl:   Yeah,, right...... lol
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

duo-stripe

MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

This is just a side note, but the photo's on the WW page aren't all of the Dressler car though. The ones on the bottom of the page linked by Dave go to the survivor car that the Malcoms own. Just in case anyone wanted to know. But they are two different cars.

Elwenil

Sorry to bring up such an old topic but does anyone know where this car went when it was sold?  I worked alongside this car for many years as the Parts Manager at Dressler Motors and found this thread trying to dig up some pics of the old girl last night.  It was my prodding that got the Dealer Principal to bring the car out of storage upstairs and let me clean her up to put in the showroom and the local car show around 1996 or so.  I was looking at the of the engine to see if it still had a blue fuel pump.  The pump was bad when we got her downstairs and no one in our small town had one so I donated the pump off my '69 Coronet 500 Convertible's 383 to the cause.  If I remember right we also rebuilt the carb at the same time.  At any rate after the car show that weekend we kept the car in the showroom with the '93 Viper and '96 Viper GTS for many years.  If I my old info is correct, it was one of two that were never titled and the one with the least mileage.