News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rossi 305 Test Car

Started by wingman(22), July 27, 2012, 05:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingman(22)

I just read an article in Mopar Action it was about Keith Black and chrysler. It is called Race Engineer's Diary. In the article they discuss the 305 engine developement. According to the article they did all the testing on a dyno and then had Keith build two for Rossi. I guess this would lead you to really question the car that was sold as the 305 test car. I have read a couple of articles about that car and they all say it was a test car built by Rossi. This article says different. Bob Tarozzi was also featured in the article and it sounds like he gave the story on the 305 engine. He worked for Keith at the time. So how do you put to bed all the stories about the car?

68X426

I just wrote a long run-on sentence. Then I quickly deleted it. I don't have anything fresh to contirbute.  :shruggy:

I'll go with this for now:  :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Aero426

Larry Rathgeb said the engines were never ran in the car before they got to Daytona. 

Ghoste

I thought all the questions about the alleged 305 test car had been put to bed.

wingman(22)

Yes Larrytold me the same thing.
I guess you are right  just saw the article and it brought back memories of the car. Does anyone know if the car ever sold? I guess we can call it history I just hope it does not show up at an auction again.
Sorry to bring it up.

Ghoste

Sadly I believe it did sell.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: wingman(22) on July 27, 2012, 05:55:11 PM
I just read an article in Mopar Action it was about Keith Black and chrysler. It is called Race Engineer's Diary. In the article they discuss the 305 engine developement. According to the article they did all the testing on a dyno and then had Keith build two for Rossi. I guess this would lead you to really question the car that was sold as the 305 test car. I have read a couple of articles about that car and they all say it was a test car built by Rossi. This article says different. Bob Tarozzi was also featured in the article and it sounds like he gave the story on the 305 engine. He worked for Keith at the time. So how do you put to bed all the stories about the car?

Hey wingman(28)   Have you talked to Tarozzi?      Sharp as a tack.    You I worry about..   :nana:       
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mike DC

I don't have much sympathy for buyers getting burned when the fake is that obvious. 

Ghoste

Not to mention the slightest amount of research would almost have to turn up how many people were aware of it.  I don't necessarily feel bad for the buyer but the sellers and auction houses that promote this kind of thing burn me. :flame: :brickwall: