News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Destroy all rust! But for how much?

Started by myk, September 22, 2007, 05:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
  My pal charged me $3000 plus paint & clear & primer for my deal. He did some metal work as well. I guess I should be happy with that price. :scratchchin:
Even though I have to take it back to someone cause he did not do a good job under the rockers & I had to pay someone to polish all the swirl marks out. :flame:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

myk

$3K for the whole car, or just a panel?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

The70RT

By the pics you showed I don't think I would cut the whole panel out. Mine was almost that bad and it was fixable. I had a lot of rust on my Cutlass and had it all done with a very nice but not show job for 1800 so It just depends on the people doing it. He short cutted it on some things but for the price and what the car is I didn't go wrong.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Myk,

I don't want to try to confuse your decision or second-guess your abilities but I'm of the opinion that a classic Charger is not the vehicle on which to experiment with body work. If we were talking about a '92 Buick I'd say start carving on it in a heartbeat but if there's one thing I want done right it's the body work and paint on my Charger, that's why I'm leaving it to the professionals. When it comes to restoring the grill, seats, console, etc., I'll gladly do that myself and am confident it will turn out fine but I know myself and my abilities and have concluded that it's not something I should/could tackle if it's going to be right (plus I had a bad experience trying to do body work on my '70 years ago). The main thing is that you have to know yourself and your level of confidence and abilities before you grab the torch or grinder and go to town.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: myk on September 27, 2007, 06:47:39 PM
$3K for the whole car, or just a panel?

Entire car, he did base clear and lots of metal work. The engine bay I will have to redo myself. The entire time he was saying that I am lucky to get it done for that price. :scratchchin:
The belly is not painted, he did the jams engine bay and trunk. I will post some pic's.
I still owe him $250, I am pissed & was not going to pay cause' he did not polish it with the foam pad & was sussposed to put the stripes on.I did the stripes myself &
traded a pal an old carb & intake to take the swirls out. :RantExplode:
It is the Charger that is my avatar pic.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

AutoRust

Quote from: myk on September 27, 2007, 06:39:09 PM
What's that like-grinding out a panel of metal?  Is it as dramatic as I think it is? 

Get a copy of the December issue Mopar Muscle
Page 36 there is a tech article about replacing the dutchman panel on a 68 Road Runner
It just happens to be right after the tech article about our Safe-T-Cap frame repair kits.
:cheers:
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile