News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Canadian daytona

Started by 65post, September 28, 2007, 10:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Not having a broadcast sheet doesn't bother me that much. I do believe that it did have a fender tag though, and it is definately a legit car. If the outside of the Canadian car is burnt that badly, I'd say that any chance of a sheet still being on the inside of that car is next to none.

FJMG

So has it ever been determined if the car SPi posted is Greg's old car or not?

69bronzeT5

I'm not sure, I'm still interested in finding out :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FJMG

69 500, I was just wondering if you ever found anything on that car your dad was looking at? Do you know the VIN?

69_500

I've dug through the entire box of photo's and can't find the pictures. I do know that I have some though, so I'm going to try to sort through the box of negatives next. I do know that he did have the VIN to it at one time, and to be quite honest I'm about 99% sure that if it was written down then its now in Tennesee in a box in a mans attic. As everything my dad had wrote down about certain cars, he gave to a guy who has told me several times that its still all in that box and in his attic.

FJMG

Wow 69 500, that box would be a sort of time capsule!

69_500

I'm thinking that the next time I'm in the area I'm going to swing over to the place and see if I can go through it. Or in a best case scenario bring it back home, but who knows.

FJMG

65post, I realize you reached a dead end in your search but by chance, would your source have owned 638 in 75 or possibly the wrecking yard that "scrapped" it?

65post

Quote from: FJMG on January 03, 2008, 05:49:05 PM
    65post, I realize you reached a dead end in your search but by chance, would your source have owned 638 in 75 or possibly the wrecking yard that "scrapped" it?
The guy I got the info from will not talk anymore about it!! The mystery continues.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

FJMG

That's too bad 65post, I know it was in Manitoba in 1977 in the condition shown in the pics you posted, except that it was sort of a bronze color with a white vinyl roof. If your source is sure it was scrapped in 1975 then someone must of put a 69 front clip on it and painted it bronze with a vinyl roof before 77. With any luck you'll bump into a friend of your source who is more willing to talk about it.
      What a rough life some of these cars had!