News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear window louvers for a 73 SE

Started by monty76, July 25, 2005, 08:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty76

Anybody know of an aftermarket company making rear window louvers that'll fit a 73 SE? I saw in JC Whittney that they have a set for the Challenger 70-74. Any idea if the rear window is the same on both cars?

parkerswede

I have a pretty nice of rear side window louvers from a '73 SE Brougham. Kind of a white color. Interested? My e-mail is djones@crcom.net.

Thanks

Dana

RD

Quote from: monty76 on July 25, 2005, 08:24:57 AM
Anybody know of an aftermarket company making rear window louvers that'll fit a 73 SE? I saw in JC Whittney that they have a set for the Challenger 70-74. Any idea if the rear window is the same on both cars?

the challenger shouldnt have rear window louvers at all, that has got to be a mistake.  the only place you will find louvers is on forums classifieds, ebay, or swapmeets (junkyards if you find a charger that is).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Drop Top

You are talking about the rear glass not the 1/4 glass right? If you do find it. Be prepared to shell out some big bucks. By the way its differant glass. So it wouldn't work anyway.

monty76

Yeah the louvers are for the rear glass, not the quarter windows. I've seen a few Chargers/Challengers with the louvers. Looks kinda neat, I figured the louvers wouldn't cross over. Oh well, worth asking.

Chargerguy74

You can buy a new project car for the price original louvers go for.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

monty76

I've seen one set on Ebay years ago, went for 1900. I'll call the fiberglass co that's making me a bulge hood with air grabbber,bolt on($710+s/h) . Maybe they got a form.

doctorpimp

Quote from: monty76 on July 27, 2005, 01:30:13 PM
...the fiberglass co that's making me a bulge hood with air grabbber,bolt on($710+s/h) . Maybe they got a form.
Which company is this?  Do they have a website?
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

monty76

I think I was off by $100($810) here is the site, it'll take 6-8 weeks to make 

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/charger.html

doctorpimp

Wow, they're in Bolton ON!  My parents live in the T.O. area and I'm just 5 hrs away.  I was thinking of buying a buldge hood from a US company. Thanks Monty!
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

THE CHARGER PUNK

louvers came on challengers as an xtra cost option -MATT