News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drag racing Charger Pictures

Started by TruckDriver, October 06, 2007, 05:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Here's a few I came up with. Click the thumb nails for bigger pics. :yesnod:

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

pettyfan43

Great pics but on the second row, the Wilkes & Beck "Fantasy" That car is a 68-69 GTO.

Love the vintage funny cars though!

TruckDriver

Quote from: pettyfan43 on October 06, 2007, 06:00:24 PM
Great pics but on the second row, the Wilkes & Beck "Fantasy" That car is a 68-69 GTO.

:lol: OOPS! At a glance, it looks the same.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charger_boy

Cool pics.  The blue Daytona clone is Ron Jenkins' car from Magnum Force

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: pettyfan43 on October 06, 2007, 06:00:24 PM

You sure? It looks like a 3rd gen to me. Check the rear quarter behind the side window.
There's another funny car right beside this one - with a "bumper" - looks to be the same colour roo. Maybe that's the GTO??

pettyfan43

You could be right, THere was a VERY similar car that was a 68 69 GTO. I thought that was it! Looking at the pics carefully, I see details I didn't see before, mainly because I THOUGHT I KNEW which car it was  :shruggy:

I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More than likely it won't be the last!  Oh well, I'll go back to my spider hole now!

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

Todd Wilson

SuBLimE 69

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Chris G.

:icon_smile_tongue: Oh Snizzy...

paironines

4spd

derailed

I have a thing for nostalgia funny cars and dragsters. I found this on a sight for 70s funny cars which answers our question.

Found in central MN by Ken Chase was this ex-Larry Gould Charger. Gould campaigned the car with a Ford SOHC powerplant in the early 70s before the car was sold and went Super Comp racing. Car later was converted to sand drag status before disappearing. Lineage on the car points back to the Logghe Stage 1 chassis being from Dyno Don Nicholson's Eliminator Cougar of the late 60s which started life as the STP Cougar, was later campaigned by Sidney Foster as "Foster's King Cougar" (Cougar body was destroyed by a blower explosion at Budds Creek) before Gould acquired the car and renamed it "Trojan Horse." (Photo and info courtesy of Ken Chase)

TruckDriver

PETE

derailed

were all crazy  :silly: Heres 2 more for the collection