News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone bought and used the new repro 69 grille, trim and fasteners?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 07, 2007, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Hi, I'm getting ready to redo my front end. My center piece and left bucket have repairs, I'm just going for all new stuff.  Any advice on the repro 69 Charger grilles?  Where it's best to buy the trim, I see some have the end corner trim in plastic, not for me.  How about fasteners, and who thinks the Argent silver is best, or has a spray bomb name of a more silver/gray color.  Any help would be great.  Last, I'm not sure how to put it all back together, can i put in the sheetmetal framing part that is semigloss black, and then slide the grille assy in, or does it all go in one shot assembled?  Thanks again.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

All I can say is "now you've done it"......you have gone & started what I lovingly refer to as the "Snowball effect"  The old "while I'm in there I might as well...."

Wow Im amazed that you got that thing out of there without taking off at least the bumper!

Cant help on the repro grills themselves but Gunslinger makes a nice set of metal trim.  As for the silver I used Totally Auto's grille silver.

Get yourself an Eastwood catalog & order up some clear zinc, underhood black, cast blast, detail grey, zinc phosphate paints...hood latches should not be body color....touch up the pullies, paint all the bolt heads etc...that car wont be out till next spring :rotz:

While you have it out, nows a good time to black out the radiator yoke....body color shouldnt be showing through the grill

fasteners are best purchased from R/T Specialties.  Put the whole thing back in as a unit.....just like you took it out
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

AJ1966

Hi Bob it's AJ!  Nice license plate haha!   :icon_smile_cool:

I just realized that if someday you want to take pics of your car, check out the link in my signature to see what a friend of mine did.  I won't be back in CT for a long time, but maybe next summer if I had back up there we can take some professional style pictures with my car, yours, and my mothers.....maybe someday!

1969chargerrtse

AJ, so cool to have you write me here.  I love the shots your friend took.  The coolest shots are from far away 3/4 front shot teleophoto close to the car.  I saw some done on your car and thats what I want to do when I'm done restoring mine.  As for the plate, AHHHH was on my vette.  I already ordered RT.SE for a new plate.  If you come home for the holidays, call me.  :callme:Great to see you were on the site long before me, great people here, and many have helped me out. Do good in school. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 08, 2007, 07:51:36 AM
All I can say is "now you've done it"......you have gone & started what I lovingly refer to as the "Snowball effect"  The old "while I'm in there I might as well...."

Wow Im amazed that you got that thing out of there without taking off at least the bumper!

Cant help on the repro grills themselves but Gunslinger makes a nice set of metal trim.  As for the silver I used Totally Auto's grille silver.

Get yourself an Eastwood catalog & order up some clear zinc, underhood black, cast blast, detail grey, zinc phosphate paints...hood latches should not be body color....touch up the pullies, paint all the bolt heads etc...that car wont be out till next spring :rotz:

While you have it out, nows a good time to black out the radiator yoke....body color shouldnt be showing through the grill

fasteners are best purchased from R/T Specialties.  Put the whole thing back in as a unit.....just like you took it out

Hey Chris, the radiator shop said I had 2 leaks (which I knew of) and my radiator was only 50% efficient.  Their going to core it and leave the original mopar parts, that should be the engine heat issue, and then the shroud will be a help.