News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Running lean, could it be the Cam?

Started by cudaken, September 28, 2005, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

I was talking with 41 Husk and something popped in to my head.

This cam is ment to be ran with a blower and specks are a little odd.

Duration @ 0.500 is 218 intake and 228 exhaust, lift is 0.461 intake and 0.480 exhaust and lop center 114.0 @ cam over lap is 50.6. Intake is a stock 72 intake and holley 750.

With the exhaust having more lift and more duration, would that cause the 440 to run a little leaner? Stock intake woul not help either. Heads valves are 2.14 and 1.810

Cuda Ken

I am back

firefighter3931

That cam is specced close to the factory Hp cam which had a large split between the intake and exhaust and was ground on an even wider 115* lsa. The cam isn't causing overheating issues....there's a vacuum leak or the carb is jetted too lean. Retarded timing will also cause the hot exhaust as previously mentioned.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs