News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who's Daytona?

Started by dads_69, October 12, 2007, 04:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: DougSchellinger on October 12, 2007, 09:47:44 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on October 12, 2007, 07:11:09 PM
Again , I call how I see it !!! Sorry to offend your thin skin !!!! Do you need a hug poopy ?????? :icon_smile_big:

Larry, I swear the only reason you're on this board is to sell your parts.    Your only contributions are "for sale" ads, and "this car sucks" posts.     You're a talented fabricator, but you come across as a real knob online.   Just calling it as I see it.    

You spoke too soon....an hour later and poof     

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,34855.0/topicseen.html
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A383Wing

Actually, the more I look at the orange Daytona, the more I like it....except for the hood scoop.  :scratchchin:

Bryan  (people say crap about our car also, I just consider the source)   :Twocents:

daytonalo

I'm entitled to my opinion , and I will call it how I see it! Most of you guys either think every car with a wing car is nicely done , or don't have the coconuts to say it looks like ass , I do ! Plus I love the reaction from you guys !!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:     Group hug ????

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on October 13, 2007, 03:19:57 PM
I'm entitled to my opinion , and I will call it how I see it! Most of you guys either think every car with a wing car is nicely done , or don't have the coconuts to say it looks like ass , I do ! Plus I love the reaction from you guys !!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:     Group hug ????

True Larry, but on this thread, no one ask how the Daytona looked. Yours was an unsolicited opinion..

Troy.. I'm feelin' the love
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BigBlockSam

i
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

SORRY , MY BAD !!!!!!!!!!

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on October 13, 2007, 03:19:57 PM
I love the reaction from you guys

Thanks for being truthful and letting us know what your ulterior/true motive is.  Congratulations Larry, you've just marginalized yourself.

daytonalo

MAMA , I SPECIAL !!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

special, but not in the way you would like to think.  ::)

daytonalo

SPECIAL ED ???? AS IN SHORT BUS ???:icon_smile_big: :pity:

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on October 13, 2007, 07:11:03 PM
MAMA , I SPECIAL !!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:

Of course, everyone's special to their parents...... It's the rest of the world that needs validation.......

Again, group hug....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

daytonalo

Look , I think all that are in this section are great Guys and girls [Annie ] I just don't have a hold it back personality. If it offends anyone sorry , too bad ! I call it how it is .

CHA CHI

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on October 13, 2007, 08:49:59 PM
Look , I think all that are in this section are great Guys and girls [Annie ] I just don't have a hold it back personality. If it offends anyone sorry , too bad ! I call it how it is .

CHA CHI

Larry, but why do you seem to feel the need to slam a car that someone's worked very hard on at one time or another..... It had nothing to do with the topic.. Some times it takes more coconuts to bite one's tongue, it's called respect.
Troy

A383Wing

pettybird

bashing aside, i LOVE old psychedelic paint schemes, but can't stand to see a freshly restored car painted the wrong color... 

a friend of mine just looked at a '71 cuda hemi convertible clone.  it was an original GY3 curious yellow car, and they painted it pink.  fine, some people don't like green on green, but this was already a high impact color! 

then again, if it was done in 1978, i'd be all for it.   not that i have issues or anything...

69_500

:scratchchin:

I'm close on what Doug just said. But then again I don't like many cars at all that have a color change period. Even if its a drab color, and yeah my opinion of a drab color  is just an opinion. I've always been told that if I want a car in a certain color, often all it requires is a little more searching and you can find one that came that way. No need to paint a green car red, or a blue car black, just look a little longer and you'll find one that came factory in the color desired. Often that is, not always. With the aero cars included, there isn't many colors that are limited to less than 10 or so cars.

dads_69

I didn't realize I would  :stirthepot: by asking about this certain Daytona. Wow, comes to mind, being nice,ha-ha. I like the car,it has that 70's look about it,but the hood scoop isn't my forte, oh well. I do want to know also, is it a factory color orange-ish red or?
Thanks Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo

Is the color Rust olem brown ?

hemi68charger

Quote from: dads_69 on October 14, 2007, 10:33:29 AM
I didn't realize I would  :stirthepot: by asking about this certain Daytona. Wow, comes to mind, being nice,ha-ha. I like the car,it has that 70's look about it,but the hood scoop isn't my forte, oh well. I do want to know also, is it a factory color orange-ish red or?
Thanks Mark

Mark, if you're referring to Del F's Daytona with the white top and stripe with 440, I believe it's V2 or close to R4. I have some old pics, I'll see if I can get one.. Those pictures were taken a long time ago.. Last time I saw Del's car was about '90....  And no, it's not Rust olem brown.

Troy
Troy

A383Wing

Quote from: 69_500 on October 14, 2007, 05:23:41 AM

No need to paint a green car red, or a blue car black, just look a little longer and you'll find one that came factory in the color desired. Often that is, not always. With the aero cars included, there isn't many colors that are limited to less than 10 or so cars.

Except for our purple one here....I took a 1/18th Ertl diecast Daytona apart and repainted it purple, put it back together, and showed Mrs. Wing what it would look like all done....she liked it, so we did it....and ever since then, it's been her car. She just lets me work on it and drive it once in a while.

Bryan

xs29j8Bullitt

I believe Del's car was V2, although it might have been a non original color when it had the vinyl top.  Here is a new scan of the Bastrop meet picture in the mid 1980s and a later picture after the Daytona was repainted and the vinyl top deleted... Like I said, he drove it!  :2thumbs:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on October 14, 2007, 05:23:41 AM
No need to paint a green car red, or a blue car black, just look a little longer and you'll find one that came factory in the color desired. Often that is, not always. With the aero cars included, there isn't many colors that are limited to less than 10 or so cars.

It's too bad they didn't offer FC7 on the Birds. This car looks really good. The white accents on the nose are ok, but I'm not sold on them.

nascarxx29

I seen that purple superbirdbird at carlisle.Nice replica with some real parts.I think the fender tag or vin had a G for 318
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

bird colors should have been

EK2
FE5
TX9
EW1
EB7
FY1
FJ5

--as is, but the correct red, add black, and sub in my favorite blue in '70.  if you must, add in moulin rouge and plum crazy.  too bad sassy grass green wasn't available early enough--i MUCH prefer that to limelight--the metallic adds so much depth.

then again, it would be REALLY cool if the colors were wide open like daytonas!  imagine rolling around in a pebble beige, gold or ice blue 'bird--and open interior colors.  they are my favorite cars ever, bar none, but compared to the weird combos you see with daytonas, superbirds are boring.  since the backlights were done in house, it would have been even easier to install any interior color in the catalogue--

nascarxx29

And those FK 5 burnt orange ones. like the one Dave Jones /Mason Dixon had slipped through.As reported in a old newsletter says they misread EK2 upside down
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701