News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger 500 grille

Started by histoy, October 16, 2007, 08:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

I just noticed a complete Charger 500 grille is listed on eBay and currently has no bids.   Item #140168869502.  Good luck bidding, if you've been looking for one of these.

Mike DC

Those things sell for a lot less when you list them under their alternate identity:  A stock 1968 Coronet's grille.

Ghoste

Unless of course, it's truly complete and includes the hardware and brackets to mount it and the unique little filler pieces.

speedfreak68

would that grill fit on a 68 charger...do the stock headlights fit into these besels?

Ghoste

Yes and yes.  (although there are some modifications to be made to get the headlights mounted they are regular bulbs)

speedfreak68

what do you mean regular bulbs?

Ghoste

The headlamps that are in your car right now are the same ones that are used in the 68 Coronet and the 69 Charger 500.  Because the grille is mounted flush in a Charger 500, you have to make some modifications to the brackets to move the headlights forward in the grille as compared to a regular Charger grille.  The bulbs themselves though are no different than what you have right now.

speedfreak68