News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

On the road again.....C-500 changes hands (Pics inside)

Started by firefighter3931, September 26, 2005, 03:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69_500 on September 26, 2005, 07:20:54 PM
If I"m not mistaken that looks like car XX29J9B238092

I believe that I already sent in the information on that car when it was listed for sale last year. I think at the time they were wanting $170K for the car and it has like 36,000 miles on the car. The argument was whether or not it was a true survivor and from I can tell it isn't. It has had a repaint according to an older owner who says he had the car painted.

Just a follow up:

The VIN info is correct. The car sold new for $3889.80 at a Dodge dealership in Fayettville, N.C. on March 21, 1969. Amazing how much it's appreciated over the years.  :o

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger_Fan

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 28, 2005, 12:46:31 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on September 26, 2005, 07:20:54 PM
If I"m not mistaken that looks like car XX29J9B238092

I believe that I already sent in the information on that car when it was listed for sale last year. I think at the time they were wanting $170K for the car and it has like 36,000 miles on the car. The argument was whether or not it was a true survivor and from I can tell it isn't. It has had a repaint according to an older owner who says he had the car painted.

Just a follow up:

The VIN info is correct. The car sold new for $3889.80 at a Dodge dealership in Fayettville, N.C. on March 21, 1969. Amazing how much it's appreciated over the years.   :o

Ron
Yep...I wish I could have convinced the possible money-lenders involved of that when I had a shot at a Daytona back in 1992. ::)
It's probably for the best anyway, I would have never sold it. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Hey Ron, your not one of the origional owners of that 500 are you?

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69_500 on September 28, 2005, 07:49:59 PM

I wish ! Never owned a C-500....way out of my price range  :o

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

73rallye440magnum

that car is gorgeous. wow. Pocket Thunder needs to get his going...
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Shakey

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 28, 2005, 08:05:11 PM

I wish ! Never owned a C-500....way out of my price range   :o

Ron

I was always lead to believe that fire fighters made six figures?  Especially in the nations capitol!  ;D

firefighter3931

Quote from: Shakey on September 28, 2005, 11:52:01 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 28, 2005, 08:05:11 PM

I wish ! Never owned a C-500....way out of my price range   :o

Ron

I was always lead to believe that fire fighters made six figures?   Especially in the nations capitol!   ;D

:lol: another "i wish".....Mike, our salary is on par with police.   :P

Ron

PocketThunder

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on September 28, 2005, 08:25:31 PM
that car is gorgeous. wow. Pocket Thunder needs to get his going...

No kidding.  whats taking him so long anyways.....?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

B Bodyman

the car has been in canada for a few years,owned by a dodge dealer,and a fellow with some nice cars,the 500 was "his baby",but times change and thing's happen,and the car has changed hands,as far as I can see the car was well appreciated by the seller and will be honored as the classic that it is by the new owner,,I delivered the car,to another friend in New York,who is 1 awesome collector and restorer of many flavors of cars,I assure you the car is in great hands,and in an awesome stable,it is parked with a 28k mile, black, 1of 28 '68 GTO survivor ,a '27k mile 427-4 speed '67 vette,and numerous other fine cars,including some E bodies.,the new owner is a great guy,and a car guy,the 500 won't be mothballed,in fact he took it for a nice rip when we unloaded it,even tho' it was raining,the hemi sounds awesome,........with his permission, I'm sure he will let chris have all the info for his registry,I don't feel it is fair of me, to disclose that stuff on a public website. I was pissed off one time ,years ago,when I found pictures,of my own salvage yard of mopars, on a now defunct board,as "cars in barns" types pics. So,I know about having your privacy invaded. like I stated,the new owner is a great car guy,and the 500 will be at many shows next season and he's not afraid to melt the back tires off of the thing :icon_smile_evil:,,I'm happy for him,and glad he bought the car,now I gotta' get back to the bodywork on firefighter's 68 slingshot....p.s. yes,the car has 39k documented miles on it,and has it's oem red streak tires and color coded steelies, with all 4 poverty caps,last thing when I left the shop,they were going to put those back on it,tho' it looks tough, with the '67/68 style roadies.