News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuild Power Booster

Started by 4402tuff4u, September 29, 2005, 05:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Was wondering if anyone has ever had their power booster rebuilt? I just spent $ 168.00 for a complete rebuilt. Is that alot? Tri-Namics is the company that rebuilt it for me here in Long Island, NY. Dropped it off in the AM and he called me the next morning saying it was ready. He replaced all the seals and diaphram. He also media blasted the exterior and painted it flat black. I brought it home removed the paint, etch primed it, wet sand it and painted gloss black. Cant wait to try it!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Chryco Psycho

seems like a reasonable price , let us know how it works !

8WHEELER

I spent about $150.00 on the rebuild on my original booster with the tag still on the bottom
of the band of the booster. I can't wait to drive it, yep they painted mine kind of a flat
black looks better now it was done in OR.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

flashley18

Ihave used "Booster Dewey".  Last weekend he quoted me 125.00 total that included painting the booster black and return shipping.  He did one for me 10 years ago and it has work fine ever since.

Steve P.

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on September 29, 2005, 05:39:27 AM
Was wondering if anyone has ever had their power booster rebuilt? I just spent $ 168.00 for a complete rebuilt. Is that alot? Tri-Namics is the company that rebuilt it for me here in Long Island, NY. Dropped it off in the AM and he called me the next morning saying it was ready. He replaced all the seals and diaphram. He also media blasted the exterior and painted it flat black. I brought it home removed the paint, etch primed it, wet sand it and painted gloss black. Cant wait to try it!

Nice job, but it looks like GREY to me... ;D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

A friend of ine just had the booster rebuilt for his CJ Cyclone (I know, but as point of reference, it must be more common and therefore cheaper than a Mopar unit?) and he paid 250 Canadian.  I'm not sure what that is in real dollars.

dabs73

Can't the power booster be bought new?  For my 73 I know I can order a new one, from advanced auto, with master cylinder for about $100 with a $30 core charge

dabs73

flashley18

If you are not concerned about date codes or exact authenticity I would definitely go that route.  Not even sure if there are any codes on a booster.  The master cylinder for my Daytona was a little unique so that would not have worked.  I am going to check that out for my 71 charger.

Ghoste

There would be a date code on there somewhere.  Not sure just what year they started date codes.  They became mandatory on all major components for theft prevention in late 68 I believe but they were being done for some years prior to that.

4402tuff4u

I don't remeber seeing a date stamp. I'll double check.

Steve P., it does look gray in picture, however it's jet black paint high gloss. It's very close to the original paint and it's an epoxy paint in spray can!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Ghoste

It may not necessarily look like a date.  It could be a "secret" code or part of a 10,000 day calender or a symbol.