News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Untouched rear P/W area for restoration help, 2 other questions please.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 24, 2007, 07:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Like most 40 year old cars, theres not much untouched areas left in most cars.  I was digging around the interior looking for anything I could find of help to tell me more about the car as I do not have a build sheet or fender tag :'(  When I pulled off the right rear 1/4 window panel I was pleased to see the area was still untouched.  The light areas under the plastic are light sprays of the original Y2 yellow color, the other color is brown primer.  I hope this helps anyone that was looking for how plastic covers and tape was used.  Hey, you never know  :icon_smile_question:

Can anyone advise me on the knob that says "speakers" under the dash?  Does that mean I need to put in rear speakers in to keep it correct, and why is there another speaker type knob to the right of the am radio?
And, can anyone tell me whats up with the seat knob.  It is really nice, if you pull it back it tilts the whole bucket back on an angle.  Is this a Charger option or off another Dodge?  Thanks. Rob.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

UFO

The six way seat adjuster was an option.Pics are really dark to see.
The speaker switch I'm not positive on right now.A buddy had one on a '70 as an option.
The speaker knob next to the radio was usually a '68 thing.Is bezel a pebble grain or vertical bars?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: UFO on October 25, 2007, 10:26:16 PM
The six way seat adjuster was an option.Pics are really dark to see.
The speaker switch I'm not positive on right now.A buddy had one on a '70 as an option.
The speaker knob next to the radio was usually a '68 thing.Is bezel a pebble grain or vertical bars?
I'll take a picture of the other knob later, it's an SE so woodgrain.  Thanks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Like UFO said already....

The rear speaker fader knob for 69 should be the only one like you pictured....no knob next to the radio (68 only)
You should have a 3 speaker front dash as well with the rear speaker fader option (AM 8 track or Am/FM radio option)

The 6 way seat is also an optional thing, not part of any package but seen more often on SE cars...I added this to my car....gives a nice seating position over a flat track
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

knob by the radio is wrong for sure "68 style" also that "charger se" emblem on the dash is NOT right for any 2nd gen charger if you care :Twocents:   

PS the six way manual seat adjuster frame is one of the best options you can have in a 68-69 charger hands down.....i just put one in my charger 2 weeks ago! thanks to POCKET THUNDER!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 26, 2007, 01:59:18 PM
also that "charger se" emblem on the dash is NOT right for any 2nd gen charger if you care :Twocents:   

Neither is my R/T emblem (both of them)  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 26, 2007, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on October 26, 2007, 01:59:18 PM
also that "charger se" emblem on the dash is NOT right for any 2nd gen charger if you care :Twocents:   

Neither is my R/T emblem (both of them)  ;)
Im not trying to nit pick the mans car , just wanted him to know incas he didnt realize it was wrong. as far as that goes my emblem on my gauge panel is wrong also ...just trying to help! :icon_smile_wink:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

I knew right away the SE emblem was wrong.  Not now, but next year I plan on pulling out the whole dash and doing :yesnod: that over.  Chris, I got to tell you I'm shocked that you have that R/T emblem :scratchchin:  I thought you were 100% as original or nuttin?  There's no way you drilled holes in that dash. :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 26, 2007, 06:11:58 PM
I knew right away the SE emblem was wrong.  Not now, but next year I plan on pulling out the whole dash and doing :yesnod: that over.  Chris, I got to tell you I'm shocked that you have that R/T emblem :scratchchin:  I thought you were 100% as original or nuttin?  There's no way you drilled holes in that dash. :shruggy:

Nope no holes...its a stick on from a 70 Challenger R/T....Ahh see thats where you are wrong...100% close to original "looking"

Its my car & I felt the need to personalize it a bit tastefully.....how about those big 440 callouts on my hood? ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

here is a pic of my gauge emblem , yes its wrong but oh well so is everything else about my car!! it is just done to LOOK right . the second pic is of the six way seat frame i just got installed a couple weeks ago!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 27, 2007, 11:24:34 AM
here is a pic of my gauge emblem , yes its wrong but oh well so is everything else about my car!! it is just done to LOOK right . the second pic is of the six way seat frame i just got installed a couple weeks ago!
Wow, what a clean dash, how do you get it that new looking, and what's it cost?  The wood alone for the SE is big bucks, then you have to do the gauge ring chrome.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 27, 2007, 08:42:49 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 26, 2007, 06:11:58 PM

Nope no holes...its a stick on from a 70 Challenger R/T....Ahh see thats where you are wrong...100% close to original "looking"

Its my car & I felt the need to personalize it a bit tastefully.....how about those big 440 callouts on my hood? ;)
Eveything about that car is georgeous.  My touches are the straight stripe and V88 emblems. :eek2:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 27, 2007, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on October 27, 2007, 11:24:34 AM
Wow, what a clean dash, how do you get it that new looking, and what's it cost?  The wood alone for the SE is big bucks, then you have to do the gauge ring chrome.
465.00 to pg classics for repop panels, cant remember what i paid for the gauge decals from performance car graphics......lots of careful work and viola!! a nice dash :coolgleamA: