News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody got a junk '70 Charger hood ? UPDATE! I FIXED IT! NOW WITH PICS

Started by Daytona R/T SE, October 27, 2007, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ACUDANUT

Cupcake, Did you use a stick welder ?? I thought I saw some sticks laying on the hood.  I can't weld anything that thin with a stick welder.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 14, 2007, 05:38:34 PM
  Cupcake, Did you use a stick welder ?? I thought I saw some sticks laying on the hood.  I can't weld anything that thin with a stick welder.

Nope I used a MIG. The welding rods you see in the pics were tack-welded to the patch pieces, to be used as a handle to make it easier to hold them in place until I could get a few tacks on them.

hotrod98

I don't see the front ribs. Is that a real daytona hood or am I just not seeing them?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 14, 2007, 06:17:42 PM
I don't see the front ribs. Is that a real daytona hood or am I just not seeing them?

Larry, I removed the ribs to make it more closely resemble a real Daytona hood.  ;)

daytonalo

I thought we settled that issue ? Most , but not all Daytona's had ribless hoods ?

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on November 14, 2007, 06:49:44 PM
I thought we settled that issue ? Most , but not all Daytona's had ribless hoods ?

So far, 100% of the original cars I've seen had smooth hoods - including 287970 which many of us believe was essentially a pre-production prototype.  By no means have I seen them all, but I know of at least one low mileage car that has been used as an "example" of an original ribbed hood car - whose hood has actually been changed out (and I know where the original hood is at too).  In other words, I would question whether a ribbed hood car actually still has it's original hood.  It is POSSIBLE that there is an original ribbed hood out there, but the vast majority (if not all) of the Daytonas had smooth hoods.  IMHO the burden of proof would be on anyone who says their car's ribbed hood was original to show proof of that by way of photographic evidence. :Twocents:

Chris did his hood exactly right   :2thumbs:

daytonalo

Thanks Sunshine !!! I thought I heard Mike G say that not all Daytonas had  ribless hoods ?

69_500

I think Geno covered that pretty good. I don't remember seeing any origional hood Daytona's with a ribbed hood. Or none that anyone actually claims is the origional hood.

BigBlockSam

i have the original hood off the playboy daytona and it has ribs  :shruggy:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on November 14, 2007, 06:49:44 PM

I was not questoning whether or not all of the daytona hood's had ribs. I was questioning as to whether this hood was a real daytona hood or had he removed the ribs...sheeesh.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69bronzeT5

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 14, 2007, 07:53:33 PM
i have the original hood off the playboy daytona and it has ribs  :shruggy:

what happened to the rest of the car? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

Daytona R/T SE

More recent photo of da hood in primer:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Richard Cranium

Not to be a smart ass, but why has it taken almost 4 years to fix the hood?  :shruggy:
I am Dr. Remulac

Daytona R/T SE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Richard Cranium on July 09, 2011, 09:35:18 AM
Not to be a smart ass, but why has it taken almost 4 years to fix the hood?  :shruggy:

Great. ::)

Now we've got Daytonalo II   :slap:

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......